Flite Fest South East? November 2017?

Liam B

BUMP! Any news on it? We all need to know what time to take off work/ditch school and get flights etc.

bitogre

I agree with Elev8 RC that some of us need as much advance notice as possible so we can get the time off. Please let us know what the dates are as soon as possible.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
November 3-5 at AviatorPPG location. It is at an airport!

Source: Aug 31 Flite Test podcast

Slipped that in there... In Florida it's beneficial to know how to operate this equipment:

xooker.jpg zatarain.jpg

And if you know how to use these you can have a lot of fun. Even the golf course water hazards have bass in Florida.

soft-plastic-baits-for-bass-fishing.jpg

jaredstrees

Just took of the time from work, not sure if I'll fly yet, no current AMA membership. But I'll be there.

Liam B

Darn it! Stupid school testing! I wont be able to make it, but I have confirmed with mom that I'll be able to go to East '18. Have fun everyone!

Not a lot of buzz about flite fest south on here.. and it's only a month away! What is everyone planning on bringing? Where are you guys coming from? I'm super excited for this to be in Florida and want this to be successful!

jaredstrees

I'm coming from Gainesville, but sending my daughter to Melbourne to visit with Nana while I attend! Probably just going to bring a mini corsair or mustang and a bloody wonder. After that just have to see what I have room for!

bitogre

I am coming from the Fort Lauderdale area taking my RV. I will be there with my FMS Fox Glider, E-Flite Apprentice, and my Seba Neo DLG.

I am also bringing my wife. It will be her first FliteFest though she has been to HHAEFI.

Last edited:

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Before knowing the dates I committed to teach STEM to Scout leaders that VERY weekend.

I will be empowering them to bring this to their local Packs and Troops :D... but, I'll be missing the FEST :mad:

Oh well, Ohio '18 it will have to be! :p

flitetest

Administrator
Admin
Ha Cant wait to see everyone there!! LETS GO FF SOUTH!! ;) .

Keep posting on what your bringing and who is coming! I love reading about it!

Blessings everyone and safe travels!

Stefan

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Coming from Tennessee.

I am a 4 time original FF attendee (now called "East"). First two years tent camped, second two years RV, all awesome. The RV is nice on bringing more planes (bigger ones too) and supplies and better sleeping and easier cooking and....but it cost a lot more in fuel (10mpg on 1400 mile round trip). The budget for FF south will be much smaller so I am back to a tent and the small 50mpg car. Packing will be more strategic and needs some planning versus just throwing everything RC related I own into my RV.

I am volunteering at FFS, as that is the heart of FliteFest for me, to help others in the pursuit of the hobby. It will be a solo trip this time as my daughter has school, sad.

Planes:

I have to bring my original FT plane the FT Flyer(c.2014) that still lives and has been with me to all 4 FliteFests.

I think I will plan on building something while there and leaning towards the NEW FT Simple Scout. Loved the easy flight of the FT Mini Scout

I need to bring the FT Bloody Baron for a combat.

I need to bring my FT Mini Guinea "Minion Bob" as he can drop plastic eggs and parachutes, which is just too fun.

I need a night flyer so the FT Mini Arrow with internal LEDs should go too.

I have a few NerdNic planes that are fantastic flyers- nnTrainer, nnMigv2 (a 100+ plane) and contemplating one of his beta designs of the BirdDog, if I can get it built in time and fit in the car.

ok, that maybe too many planes already. yes the addiction is real.

and The DJI Mavic Pro, fun to fly around and film the event.

Camp Gear:
Tent/sleeping bag/sleeping pad/sheet/pillow - may bring additional setup for a friend that may be flying in to FFS and crash my site
EZUP Canopy - this thing has to pack in first as it is huge in my car but nice to have
Folding table and chair(s)
Cooler: ice/water/Mountain Dew Code Red/
Food: prepackaged easy/no prep/no cook - plan on a few on site purchased meals
Clothes: basically FT orange vol T-shirts
Toiletries
hats/sunscreen
flashlights
bug spray

Plane Gear:
Build supplies toolbox
Build tools toolbox
Charging box
Misc dodads boxes(2)
Extra props box
combat streamers
Transmitter(s)
Batteries / metal ammo cans
Runcam

note: much of this post is to help me plan and triage a bit. So it may be more info than anybody else wants,
ha.
I will edit post as I think of more.

Last edited: