Flite Fest West 2017 Volunteers

Tom_FPV

Mcowger you where so much help at Drone Nationals last year.
I just wanted to say thank you again.
Give this guy a job to do and he will get it done for you large or small.
Come over and say hi when you are on site I will be there all 4 days helping Skully with FPV racing or in the X1 1000mm FPV racing tent.
Tom

Doom

Hey Andre,

my favourite place would b the build tent or the store. But really, whatever needs to be done, I am happy to do. I guess I won´t be that good at the FPV Area, since my technical understanding is maybe not the best in the world in that area.

OMG only a couple of weeks and we´re there:)))

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
FFW 2017 Volunteer Update 05

Asset+8.jpg

Hard to believe we are only 2 weeks away!

I've started plugging names in positions and adapting the plan to better suit our volunteer numbers.

We are slowly/steadily growing every day. I'm using those new volunteers to help boost support.
The majority of you are getting your first requested position and we can adapt and change things as we run through the weekend.

Positions:

I am still looking for 2 more Flight Line Chiefs. I have 2 so far but would like some extras to balance the role.

If you have first aid experience and are willing to help out in that role please let me know.

A few new positions have opened up.

Thursday and Friday, there will be FT Arrow community build session (one per day).
I do have a few people already willing to help out for those sessions but if you are comfortable building the FT Arrow and are interested in lending a hand please touch base with me.

Hitec has offered up a charge station. They are asking for a few volunteers.
If you are interested in assisting and meeting the awesome Hitec staff, let me know.

I fully realise how much of a demand volunteering is on your time but trust me you are helping lay down the foundation for something amazing. I won't sugar coat this either. We are going to be working hard but as a FF veteran I can't express how special that first event is. Your work your effort make your event. Ok ok enough of that pep talk stuff.

I encourage you to take notes and feed me all the suggestions you can.
No idea is too big or too small.

Keep an open mind and remember this is the first event not everything will work but as a team we can adapt and over come.

Early supporters.
I will getting onsite late Tuesday.
There will be FT elements there so if you are able to help please do.
Other wise I will be there first thing Wednesday morning. (Hopefully not too jet lagged)

Everyone have a fantastic weekend.

If you have any questions as always please feel free to contact me or post to the forum.
http://forum.flitetest.com/showthread.php?32083-Flite-Fest-West-2017-Volunteers

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
So what kind of "perks" do volunteers have? I had read that the volunteers camping is in one section?

Doom

hey andre, if you still need flite line volunteers and haven't put me anywhere else, count me in:)

xtrmtrk

I'm happy doing anything. I'm probably NOT the best person to buddy box beginners. I'll be available from Wednesday about 6pm until the very end. Meeting some of the Hitec guys sounds like fun. I've certainly given them a few of my dollars in the past!

Bruce Jones

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
1 week till most of the FT crews touches down in California.

I'm still looking for a few more volunteers.
We are so close and a few more people to help out will fill in some gaps.

Spread the word.
https://goo.gl/sO3oNt

See you there!

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
I'm happy doing anything. I'm probably NOT the best person to buddy box beginners. I'll be available from Wednesday about 6pm until the very end. Meeting some of the Hitec guys sounds like fun. I've certainly given them a few of my dollars in the past!

Bruce Jones

Bruce I have you on the flight line :) but there is always options to move around.

Thanks.

eva

Hi Andre!
Thanks so much for organizing everything. I'll be flyibg in from Switzerland on Tuesday and can't wait!
I am very happy about the schedule draft you have sent. I have one question: do I understand correctly, that there is a volunteer meeting on the 27th between 7 and 7.30am? Or is it every morning?
Thanks a lot!

Andre

Fly yes... land no.
Admin
Hi Andre!
Thanks so much for organizing everything. I'll be flyibg in from Switzerland on Tuesday and can't wait!
I am very happy about the schedule draft you have sent. I have one question: do I understand correctly, that there is a volunteer meeting on the 27th between 7 and 7.30am? Or is it every morning?
Thanks a lot!

Sorry that is from last year, I think the current plan is 830 but we will tweak based on demand/conditions.

And yes we have morning meetings. I like morning meetings.

Andre.

meehan

Sorry that is from last year, I think the current plan is 830 but we will tweak based on demand/conditions.

And yes we have morning meetings. I like morning meetings.

Andre.

Hey Andre,

Any plans for pancakes and coffee at the volunteer meetings at flitefest west? That was really awesome last summer. If there is anything I can do to help make this happen let me know.

Tim

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
I'll bring the peanut butter! :p

I'm seriously getting antsy and excited for next week. :D I'll be taking all of Tuesday off just to pack my truck! ;)