Flite Test FAILURE!! Y-6 Debacle :[

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
HAHAHAHAHA!

AWESOME! I knew you would wanna do this earlier or later anyway but not with that size of plane.

The end is hilarious.
JS: We wanna thank HK for sponsoring this travisty :D
JB: I don´t think they´ll allow us to upload it :))))

JoeyG

That was ace, sometimes you just gotta try dumb s**t. I feel it could have worked. loved the Y6, is that a kit or a home build? Dave is a good influence on you guys, get him back over again soon.
:p

J.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
haha should of tried it with like maybe.... a kinetic 800 first! lol i think that may have worked alot better! :p

And lift the plane by the tail. It will be more of a stable load that way, you won't have the down draft hitting the wings, and it will be easier to pull out of then if the plane just falls straight down. Plus you can rig it with a single line.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
The rigging was wrong! The attachment to the copter should be at three points near the end of the arms (1 line to each arm, clearing the props of course) allowing the gyro's to do what they were designed to do. The three lines should then come to a point at the absolute CG of the plane (which should also be rigged for balance from several points). The copter rigging and the plane rigging would meet at a single point in space between the lifter and load. There may still be issues as the gyro's try to compensate for the pendulum action of the load. The greater the distance between lifter and load the better since the angular shift of the load seen by the gyro's would be smaller the greater distance between the two is.

Thurmond

Last edited:

bicyclemonkey

Flying Derp
Mentor
Someone forgot to say "....here, hold my beer and watch this."
chuck-norris-thumbs-up-copy.jpg

tallflyer

Mentor
I beat you could use it to drop some of the new Sky Divers that they make? what would be cool is with a camera you could see them fall away...

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
I can still watch it too!

It reminds me of this video, and it also shows that it should be possible! There are just some piloting skills involved... And I'm sure it can be done, you just have to start with something small to get used to the pendulum effect correct for it.

Well I may make it sound easy, but obviously it's not ;)

This pilot is even using the pendulum effect for quick tree harvesting! :applause: