Flite Test Forum Build-Off

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Unfortunately, helicopters are not included in the build-off. While scale helis are more rare than scale planes in our hobby I certainly encourage you to continue your work. Per the rules stated in the first post (summary specifically), this is for airplanes.

Basscor

Unfortunately, helicopters are not included in the build-off. While scale helis are more rare than scale planes in our hobby I certainly encourage you to continue your work. Per the rules stated in the first post (summary specifically), this is for airplanes.

I contest my build being excluded based on your reply to my inquiry on a heli in the original interest poll noted here:

I suppose it would. It would fit the criteria. Still... controlled flight... that is a harder one to judge with helis :p

and your rules: 1. Models entered (“entries”) must resemble a full-sized aircraft design that was either built or proposed to be built (ie. designs that were produced as engineering, feasibility or other conceptual studies but which were not ultimately constructed). In keeping with the Sport Scale nature of the Build-Off, scale outlines may be changed within reason to improve flight characteristics or for ease of construction. Color schemes for entries need not depict an actual full-sized aircraft.

Helicopters are Aircraft

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
I had forgotten about that! TOTALLY my fault. See? That's why you guys are so needed for this... to keep me in check! I'll add to the list now.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Thanks for the entry... For everyone... We are now less than one month away from the close of registration! The snow and ice are receding so time to kick it into high-gear!

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
Part of me wants to enter a third entree because my current two are both experimental and could easily fail horribly. A third "safe" one would be nice. I guess I have a week to decide but I seriously need to start building my current two.

And I too am enjoying seeing everybody else's builds. :)

Corbarrad

I probably won' be able to actually start my build until registration's up. Basically working two jobs at the moment, so I mostly fall asleep when I get home only to wake up when it's time for work again...

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
I hear ya! Work has been insanely busy and the wife is having me try to keep up with the home projects. I have my doubts that my build will be completed but who knows!