• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fly sky fs i6 binding problems

Hi
Have tried reading other threads and YT clips on this but still got problems.
It is probably me as being a dummy I started to try and bind,then read the instructions and realised it had been done at the factory!
Anyway the situation now is when I connect the bec to the bottom port ,channel 1,the led light flashes on and off ..
When I turn the transmitter on it changes to a constant red light.
However when I plug in a servo and twiddle the controls absolutely nothing happens.
Every so often the transmitter chips at me( electronically laughing at me no doubt for being an idiot)
Is it bound or are the servos dodgy.
Have I connected up ok
Have put in some pictures.
Any help much appreciated
Thanks

Attachments

Did you use this (I don't know how it is called)? RC210-E-10-main1.jpg

You have to connect it to the "B/VCC" pins, then turn on the receiver and turn on the transmitter while pressing the "Bind" button.

I am also having trouble binding my receiver to my transmitter. I have a Turnigy TGY-i6, the Rx that came with my radio worked fine, but then I got a FlySky receiver, bound that to my radio and it worked as well, but the next time I tried to use my Turnigy receiver it wouldn't bind. I don't recall having a crash before my Turnigy Rx stopped working so I am wondering if crossing Tx and Rx brands caused the problem, or if the timing of the failure was just a coincidence.

kilroy07

I am also having trouble binding my receiver to my transmitter. I have a Turnigy TGY-i6, the Rx that came with my radio worked fine, but then I got a FlySky receiver, bound that to my radio and it worked as well, but the next time I tried to use my Turnigy receiver it wouldn't bind. I don't recall having a crash before my Turnigy Rx stopped working so I am wondering if crossing Tx and Rx brands caused the problem, or if the timing of the failure was just a coincidence.
Do you have each receiver stored as a separate model (will your transmitter store several models?)

Merv

I have a Turnigy TGY-i6, the Rx that came with my radio worked fine, but then I got a FlySky receiver, bound that to my radio and it worked as well, but the next time I tried to use my Turnigy receiver it wouldn't bind.
No, binding with one Rx should not affect the bind to the other Rx. If your Rx is behaving correctly, once it is bound, you should not need to rebind, unless you are using a different Tx.

Thank you all for the replies, this has been an extremely frustrating problem!

do you have any light on the rx ?.....if not, maybe its died ...
Yes the red light does work. It blinks quickly when I first power on the Rx and then blinks slowly after I turn on the Tx while holding the bind button, but when I pull out the bind plug it doesn't go solid, it just keeps on blinking and none of the servos respond to my controls.

Do you have each receiver stored as a separate model (will your transmitter store several models?)
Yes to both.

No, binding with one Rx should not affect the bind to the other Rx. If your Rx is behaving correctly, once it is bound, you should not need to rebind, unless you are using a different Tx.
Ok, so the receiver must be broken then? Could trying to bind an Rx when it is already bound cause a problem?

daxian

@mr.Gandalf....as i remember it you have to power down both then restart ...tx first then rx on power up !
edit : yes i checked the manual...."power on the rx with bind plug connected light flashes fast...power up tx holding bind button light flashes slower pull out bind plug light stays on, restart rx and tx bind is complete ...check servo's work "

Last edited:
"power on the rx with bind plug connected light flashes fast...power up tx holding bind button light flashes slower pull out bind plug light stays on, restart rx and tx bind is complete ...check servo's work "
Yeah, I have followed that sequence each time including powering off both Tx and Rx but still nothing.