Fortis Airframes Tricopter - Build

Fern-Fox

Hey guys, I just finished my Fortis Airframes Tricopter (fortisairframes.com) And she is a beauty! I love how the frame has extra things that you don't find on other tricopters for example the arms are attached with O-Ring connectors and when you try to rotate them on the frame (With force) they pop off and the arm can move freely, meaning in a crash your arm would most likely be saved. Also, the vibration dampening camera mount works great by holding your camera and battery suspended under the quad by tubing, canceling out any vibrations, the gopro is also mounted on a foamy plate. But enough talk, here are some pictures:

219ci36.jpg

2mougr7.jpg

Motors: NTM Prop Drive 800kv
ESCs: Afro 30A
FC: KK2.1.5
Props: Slowfly 10in
Bat: 2200mah x2 / 4000mah x2 11.1v
Video Tx: 600mw ImmersionRC
Tx/Rx: Turnigy 9x

On-board FPV videos will be coming soon!

Last edited:

Fern-Fox

Nice copter Fern-Fox. How does it fly and what does it weigh?

I don't have a scale. But here is some data:
Frame: around 300g (booms, camera mount, frame)
Motors have a 1.27k lift on 10in props
Batteries: 2200mah(10min flight) weigh a little less than the frame, and the 4000mah(20 min flight) is a lot more

With a 2200mah you can kick it in full throttle and shes a rocket. Ill have a demonstration in my video.
4000Mah is more for aerial photography or FPV flying since I get a 20min flight out of it so I can keep flying fpv for a good amount of time.

It handles really nice, the day after I got her flying the night had NO wind at all, so I got out a big spot light and shined it on an area of grass and adjusted the gains/trims for like 15 mins. Now she flies beautifully gains on the kk2 are at 35
I have my stick scaling at 40 for roll/pitch, yaw at 70, and throttle at 100
You can do 2 full 360 turns in less than a second with the yaw at 70, way better than any quad could do.