FPV with glasses

robinc

I am trying to get a friend into FPV, but he wears glasses... my Fat Shark goggles don't fit, so I was wondering what options there are out there (other than contact lenses) for people wearing glasses - are there any sets for which inserts can be purchased, or where glasses can be worn over the FPV goggles without leaking a lot of daylight in from the sides?

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Hello Robin thank you for comming to the FT community with your question.

I do not have firsthand experience with this but there are FPV goggle that many claim work well with glasses. These are usually the larger goggles and while they might look comparatively bulky, those who try them on say they are well balanced and not heavy at all.

There are many manufacturers with varying prices. Here is one from Hobby King that costs $58 to get you started.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/quanum-cyclops-v2-fpv-goggle.html
image.jpeg

I see are new to posting on our forum. How about telling us a bit about yourself like where you're from and your interests/experience with the hobby.

Welcome to the forum.
—Jim

TazRC

Obsession, not hobby
In addition to Jim's post: Most all Fat Shark, Aomway and Skyzone FPV goggles have slots for diopters and prescription lens inserts.

robinc

Thanks for your ideas @TazRC and @JimCR120 ! :)

I live in the South of Germany and currently fly FPV with fixed wing (HobbyKing Bonsai wing and the Bix3). I want to get into multirotor FPV too soon... but that will be another post! :)

hungryzebra

In addition to Jim's post: Most all Fat Shark, Aomway and Skyzone FPV goggles have slots for diopters and prescription lens inserts.

Can confirm, I am fairly near sighted and I have the -2 lenses in my fatsharks. They work really well. However, it does make coming off the googles and back to the world a bit harder. (My trampled glasses have paid the price once or twice.)