• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

FT-22 Raptor - PROJECT

fliteadmin

Administrator
Staff member
Admin

If you've been with us for a while you might recognize this beauty, but with a few new additions. Say hello to the FT-22 Raptor!

We based this off our original F-22 design (above) but with all the improvements you could ask for.

The front scoops created by the belly plate provide excellent cooling for your electronics, and it looks cool!

The nose is actually made completely from foam which drastically increases the durability. No more wrinkled poster board noses!

There is plenty of space in the cockpit for your battery or whatever else you guys might want to throw in there.

To reduce rod flexing, Josh noched out a small piece of foam attached to the side plate and ran the rod through. No flex, no hassle!

To go along with our decal kits we have new bigger logos color matched and ready to go!

Also, the first 250 people who buy a speed build kit will also get a FREE small decal. Our thanks for being awesome!

Even though this plane is technically a jet, don't let that intimidate you! It's extremely easy to build and it will only go as fast as the motor you put in it.

The FT-22 boasts great high-alpha, and acrobatics are no problem.

As always, fly with a friend (or three)!

Sadly, we still haven't figured out how to make the planes tree-proof.

As always, we want to thank you guys for supporting Flite Test. We wouldn't get to do what we do if it weren't for your help.

As always we have free plans and a build video on the way!

Okie

Flite Test Aviatrix
I thank Bixler was flying at the end seems like something he would do .

and one of my planes are in a tree too so when you figured out how to make the planes tree-proof let me know my planes love to play in the trees

so wish there was a uk store, would love to build this and get back in to the hobby, but over $40 for shiping is daylight robbery but i know you are not to blame for that, its just what things cost these days.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
I had a feeling this was coming...I just printed some F22 plans off rcgroups about two weeks ago but haven't had a chance to start building yet. Looks like I'll hold off just a little longer and switch to the FT plans - looks a lot nicer!

lolingBanana, there will be free plans available

I wonder what battery its setup to use.

Also if they used a KFM2 airfoil it should produce more lift, which would be great for some fpv flying.

I wonder if they tried tilting down the shoulders of the wings just a little bit, this would make the wing have a little bit of camber, thus increasing lift. The real F22 had this, it was a semi lifting body. just a thought, as this may or may not work.

Electronics Requirements

I wonder what battery its setup to use.
Got this from the Store page for the plane.

Recommended electronics:

MOTOR (Option 1) - "Blue Wonder" 2712-12 24g

MOTOR (Option 2) - Suppo 2208/14 1450kv Brushless Motor (Park 370 equiv.)

MOTOR (Option 3) -"THE BEEF" (Motor only) GT2215/09 70g

Servos (Option 1) - Hextronic 9 Gram Servo

Servos (Option 2) - Suppo SP-90 9g Micro Servo

ESC (Option 1) - TURNIGY Plush 25amp Speed Controller

ESC (Option 2) - Suppo 18A Brushless ESC

Battery (Option 1) - Turnigy 500mAh 3s 20C Lipo Pack

Battery (Option 2) - Turnigy 1000mAh 3s 20C Lipo Pack

Battery (Option 3) - Turnigy 1300mAh 3s 20C Lipo Pack

Prop (tractor) - Slow Fly 9x4.7 prop

Prop (pusher) - 8x6 Slow Fly prop

I noted rod flexing problem, possibly this is the answer to the problem I'm having with a delta combat plane which flys well a half throttle but when I hit it all h*** breaks loose,I though it might be fuse flexing but could be a combination of the two

I noted rod flexing problem, possibly this is the answer to the problem I'm having with a delta combat plane which flys well a half throttle but when I hit it all h*** breaks loose,I though it might be fuse flexing but could be a combination of the two
I has the exact same issue, then retired the Delta.

Great build, the F-22 went together in 2-3 hours. The maden flight was great, a little trimming and away we go.
Love the plain and so do a lot of other stander byers..

BLewis

I built mine and used slightly larger wire (.055") for the control rods and put them in a coffee stirrer and used an additional piece of foam with a slot in it to secure the stirrer. Works great and does not flex.
also another tip: I did minwax the plane and sprayed it with thinned craft paint. I did get it a little heavy (did not cover very well) the weight is ok, but it warped the wings and had to give it quite a bit of aileron trim. Will not use craft paint again.