Help! FT 3D Best cg?

RossFPV

Anyone that had the ft 3d, were did you like the best for cg? Mine balances middle of the spar but needs up trim (back pressure on the stick). Is this normal for most 3d planes or is it a cg issue?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Anyone that had the ft 3d, were did you like the best for cg? Mine balances middle of the spar but needs up trim (back pressure on the stick). Is this normal for most 3d planes or is it a cg issue?
I consider the CG to be a matter of personal choice. If you want a stable flying plane, put the CG at 25% of the wing area. If you want more instability, that is more flips and flops, then move the CG aft. I prefer a CG around 30%.

RossFPV

I consider the CG to be a matter of personal choice. If you want a stable flying plane, put the CG at 25% of the wing area. If you want more instability, that is more flips and flops, then move the CG aft. I prefer a CG around 30%.
do people normally trim 3d planes to fly level with no input? Not sure because they fly in all orientations. Trying to get this setup the best i can

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
do people normally trim 3d planes to fly level with no input? Not sure because they fly in all orientations. Trying to get this setup the best i can
I can't speak for others & I'm not a 3D expert. I always trim all of my planes to fly straight and level at the speed I want to fly, which for me is full throttle.

When the plane is inverted, I need a little pressure on the stick to fly level.

Using the rudder as master, I mix in a little aileron and elevator to make the plane fly straight in a knife edge. Mine requires slightly different mix for right vs left rudder.