FT Alpha restore/mod thread

TenienteDan

Here is the modded alpha I have been flying the last two weekends. It is pretty fun flying especially on the day where it was windy. I think it needs more power and would like to get it to roll faster. Going to give it a more aggressive prop but have to get a bigger esc first. @TenienteDan how noticeable is the noise reduction?

It looks dope, and very Russian :p. I don't know if that is on propuse :p

It's funny because that's exactly the kind of canopy I wanted to do, but I tried and I didn't like the result, so I end up with just rounded canopy at the back. I might give it a try now that I see your design :p.
9798ac13-6e3a-407c-8d4e-4d0bb93a2d94.jpg

Regarding the noise reuduction. As you can see from my video, it's still very loud. I don't know if the mod I did reduced in fact the amout of noise because I didn't try without it. But if I would like to 100% test it, I would have to cut the wings as I did for the deck, following this example, but I don't want to ruin the looks of the plane.

As you can see here, there is quite some space between the prop and the foam (in front of the prop) even with no mod, but she still screams quite a bit.

66139d6a-12ab-42e9-a884-1af6e5c7a358.jpg

TenienteDan

Again hijacking your post Grifflyer, more stories about my Alpha.

I kind of had a situation with a fence the other day. I basically obliterated the already battered nose, but the crash was so clean that just the nose and the intakes were damaged, the rest of the plane intact (guys, if you are meant to crash, crash fast and straight xD). I was lucky because this kind of hit in a wing probably would have made a big mess.

843267ae-147c-4b4f-8402-318731cbad2b.jpg

cb0dc592-4e1e-4c72-a3ec-002480503e6f.jpg

But well, finally I had the opportunity to rebuild the nose from scratch and try to modify a few lines to make the plane more attractive (on my perspective).

And here is the final result. FT-22Alpha
c10e6337-c15e-452a-8d18-46b1c6445504.jpg

f426d5df-501b-4e69-990a-ea3a4d4688bd.jpg
aa9e5adb-edd0-45e5-8c2d-8ef667bd8921.jpg

Ready to remaiden tomorrow morning :D

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

I kind of had a situation with a fence the other day. I basically obliterated the already battered nose, but the crash was so clean that just the nose and the intakes were damaged, the rest of the plane intact (guys, if you are meant to crash, crash fast and straight xD). I was lucky because this kind of hit in a wing probably would have made a big mess.

View attachment 191992
View attachment 191993

But well, finally I had the opportunity to rebuild the nose from scratch and try to modify a few lines to make the plane more attractive (on my perspective).

View attachment 191994
View attachment 191995 View attachment 191996

I like it. (y) Good luck on the maiden!

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic

View attachment 191992
View attachment 191993

View attachment 191994
View attachment 191995 View attachment 191996

Haha this thread is long dead so it’s awesome to see some posts in it again!! That looks beautiful!! You took an already amazing plane and took to a whole new level outstanding work!!

TenienteDan

I like it. (y) Good luck on the maiden!
Haha this thread is long dead so it’s awesome to see some posts in it again!! That looks beautiful!! You took an already amazing plane and took to a whole new level outstanding work!!

Hahah thank you guys. I got to enjoy it for one battery and a half lol.
I kind of have a problem with that fence o_O.
21834985-0788-4b19-9879-04fa25508f60.jpg

Worst thing is that I damaged the ESC and the transmitter. And we will see if the battery is damaged too lol. The ESC and transmitter seems to work too so crossing fingers.

I am getting more confident flying and I basically get bored and try more things. So too much of inverted flight ended up like this xD.

But well, I have entertainment for the weekend, unfortunately you can't do much nowadays (COVID).