FT Viggen Retracts

Hey guys, I'm back with another question/idea. I'm thinking of making the FT Viggen (EDF) my next build. I plan to use the Grayson Hobby FT Viggen Base set ($60). I also plan to fly it FPV (w/ pan/tilt) and to make it as scale as possible through a lighting system and retracts. BTW I plan to use Hillda Flyers DIY retract system. The question is how do you install retracts on a plane with a one sheet thick? Well I have a few solutions.

1) Install the mains super unrealistically in the fuselage so they are 4 inches apart

2) Install the retracts on the wings next to a missile rail (already plan to add this) where it would be hidden, but would be aerodynamically inefficient

3) Create a fold over wing for the Viggen so that the retract system can be installed within (Preferred method)

The only issue I see with #3 is that a folded airfoil will create more lift than the flat airfoil and would thus mess with the awesome performance of the Viggen. Could this be corrected through fold canards or a higher incidence of the canards? Any other ideas of how to install retracts? This is an ambitious build, I am aware. This is currently just the planning stage and am trying to work the details out. Thanks again!