FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

OliverW

Legendary member
I got 5 flights on my new valiant! It is so smooth and I am honestly surprised this plane can take the abuse I was giving it.
20191226_100720.jpg

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
I finished the slender delta and added some more decals to my '39 PA Special. The nose came out a l tiny bit cocked/slanted(but not skewed to either side) when viewed head on, but the thrust angle lines up with the rest of the plane which is the important part. I'll be a bit more careful next time but I'm messing with some new styles and techniques. The molded part on the bottom came out alright, it looks nice and provides a really nice grip for launch.

That thing looks sweet, reminds me of the Concorde.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Decided to fly my 1500mm twin boom fpv plane as a los plane after It sat on the shelf for 3 months. Turned the throws up to full and had a ton of fun in the medium wind. It even manages inverted flight
Sweet flight! I like the wind surfing your pulling off, even brought it up for some invert there too. Then you try to nail yourself with it, never a dull moment down under :ROFLMAO:

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I did go up for a fly today, did 3 packs through the Kitfox. Brought it home and realized the waterproofing I did to it wasn't so water proof. Not an issue in flight but after I got home I noticed it wouldn't beep on fire up. Stripped the tape off and found some moisture inside. Dried it off and now it works again.
I did set up the Goblin for tomorrow, might take that out in the morning. Then switch up and take something else out again in the afternoon, haven't decided which one, the 3D or the Kitfox?
20191228_171854.jpg

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
I did go up for a fly today, did 3 packs through the Kitfox. Brought it home and realized the waterproofing I did to it wasn't so water proof. Not an issue in flight but after I got home I noticed it wouldn't beep on fire up. Stripped the tape off and found some moisture inside. Dried it off and now it works again.
I did set up the Goblin for tomorrow, might take that out in the morning. Then switch up and take something else out again in the afternoon, haven't decided which one, the 3D or the Kitfox? View attachment 152437
Go for the 3d, which looks so tiny next to the Kfox.

varg

Build cheap, crash cheap
Worked on a 3D printable airboat design, which I will share once I have something that doesn't flip on a windy day or dive at full throttle. Unfortunately boats get boring pretty fast, and my area is currently under a ridiculous TFR which shuts down all rc aircraft activity, even at the AMA fields.

Side note: The AMA site is pretty useless for finding a place to fly nearby. More than half of the results have next to no information, dead websites, websites that haven't been updated in several years. I wonder if the clubs are just defunct and the AMA site never updates the listings.

1- motor did not come with any bolts. not a real issue for me but someone else who is new and doesn't have a whole container of spares, it could be an annoyance.

2- why change the bolt pattern to 16x16? it doesn't match your firewalls anymore. why do that? yes, you can still bolt it on but with only 2 bolts. sorry, i prefer 4 and find it odd that you would change something so fundamental to everything you have done in the past.

I wonder if that's a QC oversight. It would be beyond dumb for them to be selling motors that don't come with bolts when it is the industry standard for even the cheapo motors to come with hardware...

Last edited:

Tench745

Master member
Worked on some unique airplane designs with my brother today. The first is a very rough prototype for his "5th Generation A-10 replacement". The link directs to his blog post about it. We did most of the work together a few months ago and I finished up EDF and servo installation. If weather and location availability align the prototype will fly this week, maybe as soon as tomorrow.
IMG_1214.JPG IMG_1215.JPG

The second aircraft is my brother's idea of an "RC trainer aircraft." Canard for stall resistance, biplane for a lot of wing area in a small size, removable wing, and an internally mounted propeller. He built the glider himself, his first experience building with foamboard, and we balanced and test flew it yesterday.
If flies amazingly well with a 2200mah 3S about an inch back from the front of the "floor" in the model. We may be adding servos and a motor tomorrow.
IMG_1216.JPG IMG_1217.JPG IMG_1218.JPG