FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
@Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes - I am a fan of the V tail (so I say go for it)! :D
I think I might- I have some spare arrow shafts lying around that should work, and it won't suffer from the roll stall issues in earlier versions of the Arrowhead because the h-stab is completely clear of the main wing. If it doesn't work it's not a difficult plane to rebuild. Now to find a spare rx I don't have.

Vimana89

Legendary member
@Vimana89 I'm tempted to try to build the Arrowhead with a V-tail and a cf rod in place of the box fuse, kind of like a dlg. Curious to hear your thoughts on the idea.
My thoughts are a resounding YES. I have considered the idea of a V tail elevons variant. That is what you mean, right? 3ch, V tails do it all?
Go for it. it will be different and a tradeoff in some areas, but will be a great plane. This is how I see it handling; rolls will be less axial than a regular Arrowhead and turns a tiny bit more "ruddery" feeling than regular elevon or aileron turns, though not completely like a RET plane. Stability should be roughly the same, and high alpha maneuvering and control should be noticeably better with the V tail setup.

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
My thoughts are a resounding YES. I have considered the idea of a V tail elevons variant. That is what you mean, right? 3ch, V tails do it all?
Go for it. it will be different and a tradeoff in some areas, but will be a great plane. This is how I see it handling; rolls will be less axial than a regular Arrowhead and turns a tiny bit more "ruddery" feeling than regular elevon or aileron turns, though not completely like a RET plane. Stability should be roughly the same, and high alpha maneuvering and control should be noticeably better with the V tail setup.
I was thinking 4ch with working ailerons and ruddervadors (© Beechcraft) on the tail, that way I can maintain good roll authority.

Vimana89

Legendary member
For some reason it still wont give me the tiled plans. I will try on computer later

https://ftforumx2.s3.amazonaws.com/2019/11/264502_aa3f47a9426d5c3024acff0818d981b3.pdf

Here's a direct link to plans. If it still doesn't work I think you have to click a certain feature to size it right. I actually still have no real experience printing tiled plans. My current fleet is either custom scratch builds from pencil and straight edge or FT kits, including the Arrowhead, which the "prototype 2" successful version is still in service and flying well. @Grifflyer would be the one to ask.

ScratchBuildMast

Elite member
https://ftforumx2.s3.amazonaws.com/2019/11/264502_aa3f47a9426d5c3024acff0818d981b3.pdf

Here's a direct link to plans. If it still doesn't work I think you have to click a certain feature to size it right. I actually still have no real experience printing tiled plans. My current fleet is either custom scratch builds from pencil and straight edge or FT kits, including the Arrowhead, which the "prototype 2" successful version is still in service and flying well. @Grifflyer would be the one to ask.
Still nope...🤷🏻‍♂️

Vimana89

Legendary member
Still nope...🤷🏻‍♂️
I ran into this problem on one attempt to use plans. I think there is some sort of fit to page option somewhere or other. Like I said, with my current lack of experience I'm the wrong one to ask on that. I'd maybe start a general thread about how to size printable plans.

Vimana89

Legendary member
I think it was already answered, but I was talking about the arrowhead, not the arrow. Seriously @Vimana89 - I really really think ft needs to know about it. It’s so unique and unlike any thing they currently offer, and I really think they should kit it.
If they gave me and anyone with a major roll in it and the community in general credit for the design where due, I wouldn't ask a dime. Either way, as an official FT bird or as a community classic it will be a hit, and if nothing like a kit, maybe the FT guys will take some inspiration and make some more things that are unique but relatively easy to build, perhaps including some more funky deltas.