FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
For some reason it still wont give me the tiled plans. I will try on computer later
All my plans are done in full size sheets, you can still print them with a regular household printer if you use Adobe Reader. All you have to do is open up the plans in Adobe Reader and select print. After the print window opens up there should be a section in the middle of the window labeled "Page Sizing & Handling" right below that there should be options to choose between "Size" "Poster" "Multiple" and "Booklet" You are going to want to select the "Poster" option. Next, ensure your tile scale is set to 100%, your overlap is set at 0.005 in. and that you have the "Tile only large pages" option selected. You can also select "Cut marks" which will make taping the sheets of paper together easier, but it will increase your page count from 8 to 12. Lastly, go down to the bottom of the print window and click print.
Note: If you do not have the poster option on your laptop you may need to upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader. It may even be old enough that looking in the program options for updates does not work. You will have to go to Adobe website to get new version.

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
I got the Bird Dog ready to fly again, after advice from some other members here on the forum I reviewed my footage of the crash and it looks like I tip stalled going into that last turn. When I first tried to fly it months ago I used a 2200 4s but it was too heavy. This last flight I ran it with a much smaller 1300 3s this time, but I forgot to compensate on the throttle for the reduced power and was flying on the edge of a stall as a result. Even though it probably wasn't the problem I definitely like the Lemon rx a lot more, but it is rather large so I think I'll use my extra Spektrum rx in the Arrowhead to save weight.

Wildthing

Legendary member
I got the Bird Dog ready to fly again, after advice from some other members here on the forum I reviewed my footage of the crash and it looks like I tip stalled going into that last turn. When I first tried to fly it months ago I used a 2200 4s but it was too heavy. This last flight I ran it with a much smaller 1300 3s this time, but I forgot to compensate on the throttle for the reduced power and was flying on the edge of a stall as a result. Even though it probably wasn't the problem I definitely like the Lemon rx a lot more, but it is rather large so I think I'll use my extra Spektrum rx in the Arrowhead to save weight.

Keep the speed up and go 3 crashes high

Legendary member
IMG_20200108_133848.jpg

Started working on the v-tailed arrowhead today.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Waiting on parts for the new EDF project. I have a bit of foam and time though, so I can borrow a motor off of something and make a quick build for fun if I want in the mean time. I'm thinking of challenging myself to make a super basic sub 250g build on 1806 either 2s or 3s. I'm considering different stuff, a small tailed delta or Nutball variant(Nutball has great wing loading). I'm going to make a plane that's versatile and could be flown in a spacious indoor environment such as a gym or warehouse as well as out doors. This project will be fun in its own right, but this is getting ahead of possible crap regulations, and for people in countries that already have certain regs on planes over 250g. Even if the crap laws pass, I believe you'd still be able to fly this at an "approved site" without registering it because of the weight. If even that gets messed with, it could be a good flyer for large indoor areas.

Vimana89

Legendary member
That looks good! You might want to separate the tail from the wing a little bit, like 4-5 inches the original prototype had a roll issue when the H stab was right up against the wing like that, moving it back solved the issue.
Glad you pointed it out...although, the angle of the V tails is different from the wing going straight into another delta shaped tail plane like on prototype one, so maybe it will just avoid the issue altogether:unsure:.

Legendary member
That looks good! You might want to separate the tail from the wing a little bit, like 4-5 inches the original prototype had a roll issue when the H stab was right up against the wing like that, moving it back solved the issue.
Glad you pointed it out...although, the angle of the V tails is different from the wing going straight into another delta shaped tail plane like on prototype one, so maybe it will just avoid the issue altogether:unsure:.
I read the original thread on the Arrowhead, I was thinking since the V-tail is pointed up above the wing it should avoid the roll stall issue, acting sort of like the taillet on the original. If it doesn't work I can always move it or rebuild it. The H-stab does look a little small to me though, I may have to rebuild it slightly taller.

Legendary member

Vimana89

Legendary member
Here's an interesting tiny design you might find interesting- AUW is only 31g! Would be cool to see an arrowhead on this scale.

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...ic-easy-build-and-fly-micro-wing-1s-2s.58791/
Some day I definitely want to make planes that small. For now I have no soldering skills or experience working with micro/ultra micro. This little Arrowhead will have a 14" span by about 16" chord. I'm going RET and dihedraling the tips of the wings a bit. This will save weight and complexity and aid in high alpha maneuvering and snap turns for small spaces. I'll see about digging out my little 3.7g servos.