FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
Flew the maiden flight on my Freewing T-33 this morning. A very nice flyer!

Attachments

• 92D51F3C-50A1-4B47-AF91-0989DBB03A1E.jpeg
    92D51F3C-50A1-4B47-AF91-0989DBB03A1E.jpeg
    273.2 KB · Views: 0
  • B9996856-F51D-48E6-9FE4-59E58A01CA8A.jpeg
    B9996856-F51D-48E6-9FE4-59E58A01CA8A.jpeg
    277.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 69BCD8D8-095E-4C6A-A484-767C2E99E8AE.jpeg
    69BCD8D8-095E-4C6A-A484-767C2E99E8AE.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 0

Tench745

Master member
Played around with RC Deskpilot and Picasim until I got well and truly frustrated. I don't know what it is about sims, but they're all just so bad... Or I'm bad at flying. I just can't stand that even with the zoom window you have almost no ground reference, no feel for the airplane, and no sense of realism. Can anyone tell me, is RealFlight any better?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Played around with RC Deskpilot and Picasim until I got well and truly frustrated. I don't know what it is about sims, but they're all just so bad... Or I'm bad at flying. I just can't stand that even with the zoom window you have almost no ground reference, no feel for the airplane, and no sense of realism. Can anyone tell me, is RealFlight any better?
I have tried Picasim on my tablet and its even worse with sticks on a touch screen

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
That looks sweet buddy, so smooth, slice the air like butter
This is just an improved version of my last glider, and that one flew great in almost 14 kt winds. A 2300 mAh battery on a plane this size really helps punch through heavy winds, and this one has some extra ballast to balance things out. After I maiden it I'll try to post plans, I've never drawn plans before so we'll see how that goes.

Thorondor

I built a Whoov out of my old brushed Whoop and got a surprise at the end of the build. I put all the electronics on and tested them, and for the first time ever one of the motors acted like it was clogged with sand or something. I checked all the connections and nothing had broken, so the motor must have died on the last flight. I knew those things were old, but apparently one was at death's door. The sad part is that I don't really want to spend $20 to get new motors, I was hoping to send them out with a bang on the Whoov.

Vimana89

Legendary member
I added elevon extensions to my Charlie and tested it with a noticeable improvement on handling. I also worked more on the 1939 Popular Aviation Special hand drawn plans. I have five tiles done that include the tail plane, vertical stabilizer, wings, and extra fuselage pieces. All that's left is the main fuselage, which will take three more tiles. After that, I need to draw the detail marks like indicators for the type of cuts and folds to use and then figure out how to scan and submit.