FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
Today I finished wiring in the electronics on the Petrel II Sailplane and started painting. It's going to be painted like an F4u, blue on top with a white underbelly. Planes of Fame is having their annual volunteer model/RC building contest in March, I'm going to enter this one as well as my triplane and Bird Dog unless I have a balsa build finished by then, which isn't likely.
IMG_20200124_165208.jpg

MorningViewFPV

I uploaded a fpv video to youtube. Also got a receiver (xmplus) shoved in a freshbuilt 3inch cinewhoop. no rssi? i did discover sensors to no avail. i put a runcam split in it then realized i wanna use reel steady go so gonna have to use hero 5 after all. i'm a catch a few packs in it to see if split footage looks ok. The split mini is running off the 5v from the vtx. Seems to be recording fine but this is the min voltage it asks for.

Vimana89

Legendary member
I finished the major lines on all the tiles for my hand drawn plans of the '39 Special. I only have to add the little indicator lines and marks for the types of cuts and folds, and figure out how to scan and add other stats and index pages and how to submit the plans properly as a PDF file.

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
I uploaded a fpv video to youtube. Also got a receiver (xmplus) shoved in a freshbuilt 3inch cinewhoop. no rssi? i did discover sensors to no avail. i put a runcam split in it then realized i wanna use reel steady go so gonna have to use hero 5 after all. i'm a catch a few packs in it to see if split footage looks ok. The split mini is running off the 5v from the vtx. Seems to be recording fine but this is the min voltage it asks for.
The xm+ doesn't do telemetry, the Rossi is reflected onto a receiver channel (usually channel 12). You can set betaflight to pick it up.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
good weekend of flying. was absolutely beautiful and totally reinforced why i live in tucson, az. 70's and sunny, not a cloud in the sky.

2 good pics;

first the freewing F-22 that i hacked up like in the FT video. absolutely luv this plane. there is no one who has anything like this beast at the field. it sounds cool, looks cool, flies easy and stable, and does some crazy stuff. i was doing over 45 degree alpha passes down the runway a few feet off the ground and moving at a snails pace.

DSC03166J.jpg

next is my partner in crime. his name is Harry Eyeball, or Harold James Eyeball when he is in trouble. if anyone is wondering, yes he rules our flying field... :LOL: he is a rat terrier mix i rescued from the pound and life would't be right without out him.

DSC03120H.jpg

laters,

me :cool:

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
oopps, completely forgot about this.... :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 155936

View attachment 155937

gonna take some work to get CG, either that or a B.A. battery. i'm gonna add some structure and see if i can get a little closer. hope i don't have to jump up to bigger motors, would like to keep this cheap and easy.

laters,

me :cool:
I'm actually tempted to try this...
Imagine slope soaring a gigantic paper airplane. I know the guys at my Part 107 class would get a kick out of it when class starts up again.