FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

b-29er

I located some plans for a weird little seaplane that hasnt been seen in years

https://www.dropbox.com/s/slgoae7n7u1ge75/idrojeep.zip?dl=0

1543617396352.png

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Started modeling one of these in sketchup. The Gee Bee R3.
Awesome!! I love the lines on this one :D

Buried in my shop is the fuselage and right wing for a 59" Gee Bee R3 ARF (I think that exact one in the picture) and some day I'm going to get a set of plans scaled to match and build the rest of the plane :D

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Well, my uncle recently got a small house by the river and the previous owner had a lot of rc stuff, needless to day it was christmas early for me!
DSC_0241.JPG

DSC_0242.JPG

DSC_0243.JPG

DSC_0244.JPG

I will probably do the small bipe first, shouldn't be hard to make electric.
Then, probably the tiny nitro spit or the p47, those look relatively complete.
I will also try to make the cessna kit, it has a fiber body and should fly quite well.

Well, im busy for a few months. This will be my first venture into nitro stuff as well!

d8veh

Elite member
That looks like an 0.49 with a carburettor. I don't think I've seen that version before, so must be quite rare. It might therefore be quite valuable to a collector, so do a bit of research. It might be a Tee Dee .050. Can we have some close-ups of it?

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
That looks like an 0.49 with a carburettor. I don't think I've seen that version before, so must be quite rare. It might therefore be quite valuable to a collector, so do a bit of research. It might be a Tee Dee .050. Can we have some close-ups of it?

Good eye. It is something alright. But I don't think it's a TD .051. The crankshaft part of the crankcase is in the style of a Cox 15 -- like a large engine -- while the cylinder head is of the classic Cox design. It almost looks like a mashup of sorts. Very interesting. The TD's all seem to have the round crankcase housing around the shaft. Not with ridges like in the photo.

Last edited:

d8veh

Elite member
A little bit of research says it might be an AME .049/.061, which was a Russian motor that was later copied by our Chinese friends as the AP Wasp .061, so could be either. I think the AME is still available under the Norvel brand.

Last edited:

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
A little bit of research says it might be an AME .049/.061, which was a Russian motor that was later copied by our Chinese friends as the AP Wasp .061, so could be either. I think the AME is still available under the Norvel brand.

Nice. My father used to say (late '60's early '70's), "[that] the Americans would invent something, two weeks later the Russians would invent the same thing, and a month later the Japanese would make it cheaper."

Last edited:

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
The engine with a red spinner is a magnum GP 25, the tiny one only has AP written on it and it is a .06 size. The one with a white spinner is OS max FP 35. I actually opened this one to check on it and oil it and it has really good compression, I just need to find where to get nitro fuel now.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
A Japanese industrialist was understood to have said that Australians are an inventive lot! Sadly most of their inventions have a global market reach of only 3. The inventor and 2 of his closest friends!:LOL:

Have fun!

jaredstrees

Wow. Nice selection of aircraft!
I agree! Looks like tons of fun!

I watched it rain all weekend. Sigh. Going to have to sneak some flights in after work, we're gone next weekend and then the holidays start ramping up. Weekends are scare between now and the New Year and there is no way I can wait that long to fly again!

I do have a radicalrc mini stick showing up today, unless it's damaged again. At least I'll get to do something RC!

Bricks

Master member
The engine with a red spinner is a magnum GP 25, the tiny one only has AP written on it and it is a .06 size. The one with a white spinner is OS max FP 35. I actually opened this one to check on it and oil it and it has really good compression, I just need to find where to get nitro fuel now.

Might want to check and see the value just saw a TeeDee 010 in the package go for $100