Thanks! The re-maiden went well. I have to order a new action cam can't record at the moment less I stumble on the lost one out here. I have pretty limited knowledge on motors and stuff so I'm trying to get more out of my larger slender delta design. This one has been super unlucky and had a lot of freak accidents, so it's a guinea pig for testing long as it holds up. I made a nose for 6" props and it flies better with a 6x3x2 than it ever did with 5" props even three blade high pitch. I just flew it and it is more agreeable at slower speeds, but lacking power. Maybe a 6x3x3 or even 6x4x3 might be better. The '39 is next. Will post about both on "what did you fly today".
Messed around today with my new sky02c goggles getting used to flying in wide screen mode. I know can tell exactly where ground is and be under 6 inches off the ground and not 6ft because the image is smooshed on 4:3 on a 16:9 camera.
Flying fast actually looks fast now that distances are not compressed hehe.
Just checked out the awesome dvr foitage compared to the crappy stand alone one I been using that has died and been resurrected several times now.
If google will swap my Psyborg account to my new one because of the hack Id be happy but if they dont soon looks like Ill have a new channel started.
I'm trying something really light, basic, and practical. I want to make a 20" span AET tailed delta. Not a slender delta, a delta with some good sweep, but not slender, with a tailplane and strong elevator. Bottom spine and simple motor mount, no airfoil to save time and weight.
Super windy out🙄. This build needs a little sub trim set up. She needed a massive battery I had put away and barely used. Still under 11 oz with a 1600 and CG looks great. Thrust tests feel strong in hand with 5x4x2 on 3s, and the nose responds well to elevator. As long as its windy, I'm bored, and have spare foam and parts, I may build another very simple plane. I'm taking a break from my slender delta projects for a little while except prop testing on the big one, and stepping back briefly from the FTFC20 to catch a breath and reassess my 1939 PA special to improve it. In the mean time, I want to experiment with a few very basic AET planes.
Well I am contemplating a speedster so I broke out the test stand and watt meter along with the Propdrive EF-1 motor (I believe it is 3846 1300kv plus a 200A brick and 5000 6S battery. The plane I am going to design is the Sab KR84 , it has a 84cm WS which may change slightly depending on battery fitment. She will be small but heavy, battery alone is 28oz.
I have come close to prop selection , now to try some different brands and come up with the best combo.
With a 7x4 KMP prop at wot 83oz of thrust, 1480 watts and 61A . Battery and esc cold and motor is warm.
With a Master Airscrew 8X4 prop 107oz of thrust, 1650 watts and 71A . Battery and esc still cold and motor slightly warmer.
My motor temp is already on the warm side, BUT my last prop was a TGS 7X6, 101 oz thrust, 1770 watts and 71A , motor is still on the warm side.
Being a pusher plus I want to hide it in the thruster (with some careful planning for vents) it will more then likely run hotter. The other thing is the larger the prop more torque roll it will have plus the less ground clearance .
I flew the tailed delta again, with some bulk flimsy 5x3x3 that perform about as well as the 6x3x2. It flies great and can turn,climb, and maneuver at low speed/half throttle without stalling(granted you don't over-bank really harshly at low speed). High speed it is nice and stable as well, but a little touchier, though also more stall resistant. While I was out there, I finally found my action cam! I'll have vids soon,though probably will till later cause I have to go in to work soon. I need help naming this and improving the design, although it is already solid.There is a thread and poll in the mad scratch build sub board, for anyone who has a mild interest in quick one sheet park flyers like this.
Got out today after it cooled down a bit to fly the newest build to test the Dal 5x4.3x3 props that just came out.
Recorded it on the skyzone 02c goggles. The video was flown in 16:9 but some reason record in 4:3. Pretty sure the sides are chopped as the vertical still looks like the 16:9 in the goggles and not compressed like the old 4:3 goggles.
Anyway its up on my new YT channel Borgonian Evolution until I can recover control of the Psyborg fpv one.
Built the landing under carriage for my simple cub over the weekend and today my Tx and Rx turned up in the mail so hooked everything up and bound the Rx and after a couple of false starts and consultation with the manual ( it's a man thing) it all works. YES. Now need to glue in Velcro to secure battery, esc and Rx and sort out CG and could be looking to maiden Sunday.