FT What Did You Do RC Today : Caution Offtopic At All Times

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Tomorrow is maiden day...

P_20200320_145203.jpg

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
Anybody know anything about attaching spinners? I have a dubro spinner I want to put on my simple stick but it seems the motor shaft is too short. It's an FT B-pack radial.

lot's of "quad" motors don't have long enough shafts to use spinners. not much to be done other than build your like mentioned above. just use thinner ply and smaller foam to start with.

good luck,

me :cool:

Crawford Bros. Aeroplanes

Legendary member
one of the guys that joined our new deamon racer's club showed up today with a foam version of the Speed Deamon. i was jealous but just happened to have the exact motor i needed... :sneaky:

View attachment 162772

View attachment 162773

ecalc has @ 99mph at level flight. what about a dive ... :unsure:

should be fun.

laters,

@FAI-F1D designed a pretty great foamy Speed Deamon a while back. Is that the one you're making?

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
paint is done. top is obviously high glow yellow, bottom is satin black just like my balsa Deamon.

20200323_161036.jpg

i also just realized i had not posted this yet. pizza box wing with a kingkong 1306-3100kv, 4x3x4.5 prp, 6A esc, 3S-300mah.

20200320_153722.jpg

CG is not really posted anywhere that i could find. i tried to calculate in ecalc but did not agree with their numbers. first flight was wild, i could fly it but it did some funky things. i moved CG back and inch and tried again. this time it was much better. flight was cut short due to ESC overheating. so, i brought home and put the esc on top , outside of the wing, and glued the weights on. flew sunday and it was perfect. fun little wing and pretty quick. i would estimate 60+ mph.

still got 37 sheets of foam board left. what to do next....

laters,

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
also just got this sent to me. :D

View attachment 162786

she is big, and slow, and oooohhhhh so pretty in the sky!!!! flew on 3S today, will kick up to 4S next time.

laters,

Wow that really is pretty! I gotta make me a P-47 - I have the plans printed and I started taping the tiled pages together but never finished. Now @Rasterize you were wondering how those smaller decals would look on a P-47... :sneaky:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Me and @"Corpse" flew our Simple Sticks this morning together! We had a blast! It was a bit windy so we had fun crabbing and doing vertical landings! Upon the last landing my firewall popped off but I’ll fix it and we’re planning on going out again tomorrow morning! Also, my bullet connectors came down so I’ll solder up another esc for the @BATTLEAXE kitfox and see if that solves the issue I was having. I’ll probably fly it tomorrow too.
CA50D9AC-013B-47B9-B43F-99A288659090.jpeg

Last edited:

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
paint is done. top is obviously high glow yellow, bottom is satin black just like my balsa Deamon.

View attachment 162926

i also just realized i had not posted this yet. pizza box wing with a kingkong 1306-3100kv, 4x3x4.5 prp, 6A esc, 3S-300mah.

View attachment 162927

CG is not really posted anywhere that i could find. i tried to calculate in ecalc but did not agree with their numbers. first flight was wild, i could fly it but it did some funky things. i moved CG back and inch and tried again. this time it was much better. flight was cut short due to ESC overheating. so, i brought home and put the esc on top , outside of the wing, and glued the weights on. flew sunday and it was perfect. fun little wing and pretty quick. i would estimate 60+ mph.

still got 37 sheets of foam board left. what to do next....

laters,

Shrubsmacker!
Mini Spitfire!
L-39!
Grunjet!
XF5F Skyrocket!
D.520!
So many choices

Vimana89

Legendary member
Shrubsmacker!
Mini Spitfire!
L-39!
Grunjet!
XF5F Skyrocket!
D.520!
So many choices
Good options. If you want something a bit different but super simple and takes very little time and foam, you can always slap together an Arrowhead. Plans are by @Grifflyer ,of course, so high quality. You could always browse Outerzone and find something interesting, or look at historical planes and try something nobody's really bothered to do before(De Havilland Dragon anyone?)

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Good options. If you want something a bit different but super simple and takes very little time and foam, you can always slap together an Arrowhead. Plans are by @Grifflyer ,of course, so high quality. You could always browse Outerzone and find something interesting, or look at historical planes and try something nobody's really bothered to do before(De Havilland Dragon anyone?)
That's another great plane!