FTFC19 ADF-01 Falken designed by Fluburtur

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
There is only one wall so 0.4mm, also the infill is faulty in some spots. I will probably re-print better ones that are more sturdy, anyways it needs a longer hole to fit the pivot tube.
DSC_0975.JPG

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I printed a test side cheek for the plane to check how to hinge the canards and instal the servos
DSC_0980.JPG
DSC_0981.JPG
It got more character with the canard on, however there isnt enough space in the cheek to instal a servo or even a bearing so I will have to cheat a bit and let the carbon tubes go under and through the body and put the hardware there.

kilroy07

Legendary member
Print quality is kinda bad, I guess it is because of only 1 layer wall, 0.3mm layers and high print speed so I will do some testing to find the sweet spot of my printer.
I've found upping the flow by about 15-20% helped my single wall prints...

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Im mostly done printing parts for the canards and about halfway done with the nose overall, I made tiny arm things that go on the carbon tubes and get tightened to hold them.
DSC_0997.JPG
Those have an awful lot of grip, they wont slip before the servo itself breaks.

I also hollowed out the main part of the nose to instal stuff in it later.
DSC_1000.JPG
Plenty of room in there so I should have no issue putting hardware in there.
I still need to finish installing the canards but that should come shortly.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Im done attaching all the canards hardware and gluing the nose together.
DSC_1014.JPG
DSC_1016.JPG
Now I have to cover it with paper and glue like I did with the wings and cut the hatches, I will have to wait a bit to secure it to the body because I need to order the hardware that will go in the wings and nacelles so I can make the channels for all the wire.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
The nose is completely covered, I can hold it by the tip and it doesn't even bend. I need to chop it in half and glue it to the wings now.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
It really does, it still surprises me even. I can hold the nose or the wings by the tip and it is just fine, if I was do do that with only foam it would snap in half.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I have ordered all the hardware I needed for the falken, it wasnt cheap at 200€ but worth it hopefully.
Also I have started working on the nacelles, this is also a complex part of the plane and it will take forever to print.
uhhhhhh.jpg