FTFC19 ADF-01 Falken designed by Fluburtur

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member
Im almost done with the second nacelle so it is time for some beauty pics
View attachment 146771
View attachment 146772
View attachment 146773

I need to redo the thrust vectoring mounts slightly, install all the control surfaces and it will be basically done.

The more I think of it, the more im afraid to fly it because this plane is a lot of time and money and it will be quite a crazy ride if you consider the weight and maneuverability it will have, im afraid inav will have a hard time with it before I tune it (if it can survive long enough to tune)

But well, I need to finish it for the maker faire and then I will try to fly it.
I have 20 days left

Great work!(y)

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
She looks great! And I completely understand the nervousness of flying her - if you can find a "soft" spot for some glide testing (it will probably need a hard throw to show gliding behavior) that might help out. Luckily it is the season for tall grass fields in the Northern hemisphere :D

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
Hard throw for sure, I Havent weighted the plane in a while but it is pretty heavy and the balance is really far back (havent even installed the motors yet) so with all the required nose weight it will certainly be heavy, I do have plenty of soft spots here at least.
Good thing is, it will probably be powerful enough to throw easily.

At least I have plenty of time to think about that, I wont risk flying it before the maker faire anyways.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I did a pretty big step and glued the first nacelle on the wings
DSC_3429.JPG
I also made the routings for the wiring, nacelle is glued with epoxy but I ran out so I need to get more.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
I have been thinking about the balancing, currently the plane balances just behind the "elbows" of the wings and my guess is that is should balance more or less at the wingtips, anyone can advise me on that?

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member
I have been thinking about the balancing, currently the plane balances just behind the "elbows" of the wings and my guess is that is should balance more or less at the wingtips, anyone can advise me on that?

My falken actually balances right where your hands are, and it glides really well.

Fluburtur

Cardboard Boy
It is finally ready for static display (not flight yet)
DSC_3474.JPG

Im happy, it is ready for the maker faire so I can focus on other stuff now.
I will think about making it fly when that is done, in a few weeks