FTFC19- Gee Bee R3 designed by DamoRC

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Beautiful work! You really aught to enter her into the fantasy build forum challenge... especially since you've already done all the work :D

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Never thought of that. Now that I re-read the rules I see you have even called out the R3 as an example! Thanks! I'll go ahead and edit the title and enter the model.

Awesome! :D

Now we all just need that flight video.... going to look dynamite on a low pass with that paint job! :D

Last edited:

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
DamoRC,

The plane looks incredible! It's amazing to see how these foam board designs are evolving. Keep up the great work.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I don't know how this fell of the my radar. Too many planes on the list I suppose... But after talking about the very plane with @FlyingTyger on our last Aviation RC Noob Podcast. I discovered this and started building.

I decided to curve instead of facet... I hope it turns out the way I hope!
IMG_20231031_005807395.jpg

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I should have built the faceted ones first like @DamoRC shows. Getting the section ovals lined up, isn't super easy.

I was going to use the technique that @leaded50. Which is to sand and do a light spackel, then sand smooth and the paint. And use a modge-podge /white glue/paper mache decal application.

Last edited:

Pinkyusa

I should have built the faceted ones first like @DamoRC shows. Getting the section ovals lined up, isn't super easy.

I was going to use the technique that @leaded50. Which is to sand and do a light spackel, then sand smooth and the paint. And use a modge-podge /white glue/paper mache decal application.
I have the plans downloaded but haven't cut any foam yet. Still finishing up another build. Guess I will hold off on the round build for the first attempt. I make alot of my decals with my inkjet printer on regular printer paper. Then I spray with clear enamel , then cut and glue on with white glue.. works ok for me.