FTFC20 - Build-ruary Challenge by FoamyDM

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Im excited to see the maiden thats all. I started listening to your podcast, good stuff so far!
me too on the goose. Thanks I appreciate the listenership... We are migrating to a different host, and we will then shift the itunes link, and upload episode 3.

FoamyDM

The BD.8 flew poorly. I didn't think to grab any photos or video. The control surfaces weren't cutting it.. I did a hard to fly circuit as it didn't want to turn right... at all.

I installed rigging, and craft stick lined landing foam skid

DokCosmac

Build 2 - The Move or Mehve. 30mm edf 1/2 scale.

Feb 7th update:
View attachment 157498 View attachment 157497 View attachment 157495
Went together fairly well. I'm using a 30mm EDF and so I'm fenegling the motor pod. During test tossed to the couches, I found the C.G. to be rearward by about 0.25"-0.5". The plans don't indicate where the motor sits exactly... Should be interesting getting it airborne. This one will need speed, it could be lighter.
I'm excited to see it fly. If I have to I will make the 50mm EDF version.

Did you ever manage to get your 1/2 scale Mowe to fly? I would imagine getting enough weight in the nose would be difficult. For that scale it might work better to just make the whole wing a step airfoil.

FoamyDM

Did you ever manage to get your 1/2 scale Mowe to fly? I would imagine getting enough weight in the nose would be difficult. For that scale it might work better to just make the whole wing a step airfoil.
not yet... I'm trying to get successes, confidence and the spruce gosling in the air. but it is ready to go. It needs to be moving for flight I think.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
I eventually got a chance to build and fly the arrow. I nearly forgot how good of a plane it is. The Skin by @Rasterize for this plane is such good work! It is easy to see in the sky. Go build one.
QUOTE]

Cool beans. Glad @SP0NZ isn't the only one to do one of these. Nice job!