FTFC21 - Build-ruary the 4th

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
it has started.
I had to locate a few Build pages... and I have been going through them. it seems we have about 5 contenders
These are people who built, flew, maidened, and wrote up all 4 of the builds.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
it has started.
I had to locate a few Build pages... and I have been going through them. it seems we have about 5 contenders
These are people who built, flew, maidened, and wrote up all 4 of the builds.
i know i am not part of those 5...
THANKS TO ALIEXPRESS:devilish::devilish::devilish:

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient

GliderFlyer

Elite member
Results are IN!!!
See post #6
Honorable mentions go to: @Matagami Designs and @GliderFlyer. It was such a close one!

Join me in congratulating our winners.
1st place @JasonK
and
2ns Place @Scotto

Thank you all for joining up and joining in. as usual, it was a Wing-load of fun!
Aw man, if I had realized how close I was to placing, I would have finished the build posts.
Congratulations to the winners though!

FoamyDM

Would guys mind writing up your thoughts on the the challenge. Please include one thing you enjoyed and something I might improve or change next year?

FoamyDM

What I enjoyed: Me is I like the comraderee and the pressure. It is always funny to me how much I think I'll get dondone, vs. how tough it is to complete and fly 4.
I am proud of myself to have completed the flying car! And enjoyed see you guys having fun with it too.
What I would change: I would give bonus points for custom designs next year

Would you join in next year?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
What I enjoyed: Me is I like the comraderee and the pressure. It is always funny to me how much I think I'll get dondone, vs. how tough it is to complete and fly 4.
I am proud of myself to have completed the flying car! And enjoyed see you guys having fun with it too.
What I would change: I would give bonus points for custom designs next year

Would you join in next year?
I'm with you on both of them! I like the idea of bonus points for custom designs.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
enjoyed:
  • Push to get things done
  • Community push
  • Writing up/documenting the process - Might consider mounting a camera over my workspace to record the work process next time to put along with the build process.
something that you could improve:
  • Tell the weather that I need low winds to do maidens (finding functional weather when I wasn't already time occupied was challenging)
  • Include more types of flight (quads, etc also)
  • Bonus points/category for technically complicated designs (IE something more complicated then a basic wing or 4 channel... IE a vtol or variable wing geometry, Variable-camber wing, retracts, etc)
I like the bonus points for custom designs idea also (says the person who had 3/4 of his designs brand new/custom during the challenge)

GliderFlyer

Elite member
I just found out that you can insert tables in your posts so...

Liked

Changes

The opportunity to build more airplanes

In my opinion, the build logs could be excluded from the build posts. Writing those was more exhausting than building the plane:ROFLMAO: (maybe because I tried to do them all at once)

A by-product of build-ruary is a lot of new airplane designs

+1 on the bonus points for custom designs

you get to learn what interests other people have by the type of airplanes they choose to build

thats about it

Matagami Designs

Master member
I like the idea of bonus points for custom designs although I would also like to see bonus point for community designs as well. I was pretty happy to see @The Hangar build my mini nemesis and I had alot of fun building his simple stick as well as @Namactual Dat rhino! Ft designs are fun and proven to work but for me the community designed planes was the best part. Thanks for hosting this challenge @FoamyDM and congratulations to everyone who competed!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I like the idea of bonus points for custom designs although I would also like to see bonus point for community designs as well. I was pretty happy to see @The Hangar build my mini nemesis and I had alot of fun building his simple stick as well as @Namactual Dat rhino! Ft designs are fun and proven to work but for me the community designed planes was the best part. Thanks for hosting this challenge @FoamyDM and congratulations to everyone who competed!
I totally agree - it's always really cool to have other people build your designs and it's fun to be able to return that favor to others!