FTFF 2017 International Air races: Design-Off

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
I just cut out version 2 of my SK3, after finally getting a replacement motor. I should have it together this weekend. I've been distracted by other projects, and honestly a little burned out by my initial push and not-so-successful first (and second) flight. But I'll get it flying soon enough.

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ
No worries there - I'll be back in the air with the Caudron this weekend - with video this time! :)

The table is my friend. The trees, not so much.

I love your saying. Made me LOL.

I'm glad you will be back in the air. Can't wait for the video! :)

Tim

AlternateSource

Flite Fest is sooo close!
Hey all. How are all the projects coming? Haven't seen many new posts on the forums. It's only a month and a half till the deadline. I don't want to win by default!  :)

Tim

I have been really busy with aviation classes, so I'm probably dropping out. :-(

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
For those not following all the individual threads, I had two successful re-maidens of my SK3 last week. Here's the fast(er) one:

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Yes, the home stretch approaches! Good progress all around. Work has been kicking my butt so during the last couple of weeks in December I hope to finally hash out the rules for the races.

Mid7night

Jetman
Mentor
Yes, the home stretch approaches! Good progress all around. Work has been kicking my butt so during the last couple of weeks in December I hope to finally hash out the rules for the races.

I hope one of them is NOT "Must fly your own plane", because I've watched some pylon race videos, and I'm sure I don't have the thumbs for that!! ;)

My best hope is that a better pilot than I builds my plane and flies it to victory. :p

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
I hope one of them is NOT "Must fly your own plane", because I've watched some pylon race videos, and I'm sure I don't have the thumbs for that!! ;)

My best hope is that a better pilot than I builds my plane and flies it to victory. :p

Don't sell yourself short friend. You have straight and level down cold. You just need to learn faster turns (probably. It was hard to see), and you can be very competitive.

Aviator08

Flagstaff,AZ

You should fly anyway.... The more pylon racers the better. It is a lot of fun to race even if you don't win. I'm also hoping there will be those that build and race the Super Solution. It would be so cool to see them in the air together.

Tim

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Travel Air Type R Mystery Ship

Like the original plane - a last minute entry.

BridgeInspector
Travel Air Type R Mystery Ship
http://forum.flitetest.com/showthre...R-Mystery-Ship&p=318511&viewfull=1#post318511

IMG_0699.jpg

Sneak peaks on Instagram, updates to thread coming.

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
We currently have FOUR(4) aircraft that have at least flown. The designers are wrapping up plans or build instructions but there are others that could still complete their projects. Lets show them some support! I went through the list on post #2 and looked at the status of each project. Some stalled and others are sooooo very close. We are in the home stretch.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
As much as I would like to see Chief Oshkosh actually get judged and be a more "official" entry, I probably won't be able to get it flying before the deadline. AP Calculus is a huge PITA and taking up all of my free time. I'll still get the plane built to fly for the event and publish plans if others want to build it, but at this point I can't see the plane making the official deadline.