Going to USAFA! Saying goodbye to the hobby for now, and a BIG Reveal!

CustomRCMods

Elite member

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Seriously! I set my expectations real low being 6$ each, but they seem really high quality and Im only a few cycles in but they are performing flawlessly! Excellent power and flight times!
Same - that's why I only bought one. I'll planning on getting a couple more though!

Isn't there shipping if you buy from HK? It's like a whopping $15 since it's batteries that are being shipped.

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Isn't there shipping if you buy from HK? It's like a whopping $15 since it's batteries that are being shipped.
I usually do larger HK runs, and orders over 100$ ship free, which is super convenient. even if the shipping was 15$, Id still say its worth it, especially if you get multiple packs and other items. The quality of these packs is quite comparable to the other turnigys, tattus, gens aces, etc. which are often double, triple, or even quadruple the price.

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
I usually do larger HK runs, and orders over 100$ ship free, which is super convenient. even if the shipping was 15$, Id still say its worth it, especially if you get multiple packs and other items. The quality of these packs is quite comparable to the other turnigys, tattus, gens aces, etc. which are often double, triple, or even quadruple the price.

Yeah, makes sense.

What happens if you need just one or two parts for a specific project?

CustomRCMods

Elite member
Yeah, makes sense.

What happens if you need just one or two parts for a specific project?

Usually then i look to amazon or ebay, or to my local RC Suppliers (BuddyRC and RMRC)... but projects dont happen just one at a time over here in CustomRCMods land :)

HK usually has the best pricing, especially for batteries and other little accessories, props, things like that

"Corpse"

Legendary member
As some of you might know for the last year I have been applying to both the United States Naval Academy and Air Force Academy. This has been a slow moving process, but after eight months of waiting I have finally made a decision. Last month I received news that I was accepted into the Air Force Academy, and after being declined by the Naval Academy, I accepted my appointment. This summer I will be reporting to the United States Air Force Academy for my first day of basic cadet training, where I will spend the most beautiful days of the year doing push-ups and running. To most people this would be considered a form of punishment, however, for the last few years it has been my dream. The challenge of attending the Air Force Academy excites me, and knowing that I will go through the process along with highly determined and like minded individuals makes it all the better. This opportunity however is the result of many supportive people in my life, including some of the many great people in the Flite Test Community.

Considering that I will be away from home for 90% of the next 12 years, I have come to the conclusion that my arsenal needs to find a new home. I'd hate to have all of this stuff in my workshop not being flown, crashed, and repaired. That's why I am giving away 95% of my stuff to you guys. (Gonna hold on to a transmitter, glider, tiny whoop, battery and charger for some occasions) This includes everything from a cine whoop, to a monster mustang. I'm not giving up on the hobby, it's just that when I get back into the hobby, I'll have a bit of money to spend and I'll probably want to test out some of the advancements that will have been made in the next 10 years (assuming the hobby isn't shut down by then) I would rather not give my arsenal to just one person so I would like to distribute my things at flite fest. However, over the summer I will be going through basic cadet training during flite fest and cannot bring my arsenal there myself. This is where I need a volunteer or two. Would anybody be willing to gather my stuff in a U'Haul or a big van and take it to Flite Fest? The reward is first choice in whatever plane you want. I know this is a lot to ask, but I would really hate to see my stuff just collecting dust. I have also considered asking Josh if they would like to distribute my things, but Flite Fest is already a huge responsibility and I would hate to add this to the list. I'll make a list of the big items in my arsenal, feel free to ask questions. Thanks again for being such a supportive community over the last four years, I'm blessed to have met you all.

MONSTER mustang
Donut 3 cinewhoop https://rotorbuilds.com/build/18514 *this one needs a bit of troubleshooting, should probably go to someone with some experience*
Durafly tundra (motor removed 20$ to get it running) *** CLAIMED***
Ft duster
The FISH (trainer dtfb plane)
Ft cruiser
Ft Guinea Pig
Old Traxxas Rustler (needs some work)
4 power pack c motors *** 2 CLAIMED***
4 power pack c escs *** 2 CLAIMED***
Power Pack F electronics
emax gt4020 motor (monster motor) *** CLAIMED***
two 5000mah 3s batteries
a large bag of assorted batteries (all in good condition)
battery charger
Strix nano goblin (could use some work but will definitely fly again) *** CLAIMED***
Makerfire fb009 fpv goggles (kind of small, would be best for a kid)
A LOT of assorted hardware (will be stored in an organized manner)
Big toolbox of assorted electronics and hardware (contains servos, motors, control horns, streamers, shrink wrap and all sorts of stuff)
About a dozen sheets of waterproof dtfb
I'll take the Traxxas Rustler if you still have it! I'm also interested in the goggles. I'll wrestle anybody else who challenges.:ROFLMAO::devilish:

Mozella

don't let them make you into a "drone" pilot, demand that you get the real thing. good luck!

laters,

me :cool:
Most Air Force officers are NOT pilots. The size of the active duty Air Force officer corps varies, but there are roughly 70,000 officers in the USAF and of those only about 12,000 are pilots. Getting commissioned is no guarantee that you'll go to pilot training. One more thing. You don't "demand" anything when you're just starting out in the military unless it's something like a sex-change operation.......... sigh.