good 8 inch Prop for Versa pusher (powerpack B) ?

pinpoint45

Pants Wearer
I'm looking to build a versa pusher by the end of this month and I have everything pretty much sorted, except I am not sure what to purchase in the way of props. i know it has to be 8 inches. I want to be sure i get the right type and from a quality manufacturer. do you have any suggestions? thanks much :cool:

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Doesn't have to be 8" -- could be smaller -- but that all depends on the motor . . . so what motor are you planning for your versa?

ScottyWarpNine

Mostly Harmless
I like using APC or APC style props for just about everything. The real deal is available at just about every hobby shop and you can get "APC style" props for super cheap on hobbyking.

pinpoint45

Pants Wearer
thanks for the reply, I plan on getting the B power pack from the flite test store. the motor in that pack is the EMAX CF2822.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Perfect. The CF2822 is a good size for the versa -- a bit on the slow side, but good.

Would you rather have a slower flight envelope or a faster one?

Slow would be a 8x4-ish prop, and most multirotor props will do just fine. For the verssa a gemfan or HQ brand will do. I'd stay away from GWS, but some people use them without complaint. Standard designation for these is 8045.

For fast, I'd lean toward Scotty's recommendation and pick up an APC thin electric pusher in a 7x6" prop -- a 7x6EP by their part designations. Clones of the style are fine, but lean toward a glass filled or composite prop.

Torf

thanks for the reply, I plan on getting the B power pack from the flite test store. the motor in that pack is the EMAX CF2822.

They include a couple props with the power pack. The ones I got when I ordered a couple packs were 8x4.5 white props. They are durable, although I can't figure out what exactly they are. I'd love to be able to replace them with identical ones since they work great and don't break easily.

Just to add to what Craftydan said, some GWS props are unsuitable for this motor at higher voltages. I have tried the GWS 8x4.3 Slow Fly props on a Nutball, and while they work great on 2S, they flutter and whine at 3S speeds in my experience.