Help! My devo7 transmitter is stuck at automatic id binding and no button works

aria

I was using this transmitter for years and when i change flight mode, it would not bind with my rx701 receiver. After i disable fixed id for both tx and rx, I tried to bind them again but it does not work and now, my tx is stuck at automatic id binding process and whatever button I press, it would not respond. Please help!

Attachments

• 16297115241028800430627586458063.jpg
    16297115241028800430627586458063.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

aria

And if you know how to hard reset the transmitter please tell me because it would no nothing except binding.

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
I tried disconnecting the battery a few dozen times. It still boot up as automatic binding, still no button works except for the power switch.
There is probably an onboard battery.... Just a warning... Removing the onboard battery could result in loss of all data....

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Did you use the bind plug on the receiver? I dont think with fixed binding that needs to be used but for auto bind it needs that confirmation that is the unit to bind to which is what the bind plug does.

aria

Is the bind activated by a single switch?
I plugged the bind plug to my rx701.
Did you use the bind plug on the receiver? I dont think with fixed binding that needs to be used but for auto bind it needs that confirmation that is the unit to bind to which is what the bind plug does.
Yes I did, it still not connected to the transmitter, I could post a video of me doing it if you want.

aria

Could you point out where the onboard battery at as I don't know where to poke at

Attachments

• 16297999059958078063772890957859.jpg
    16297999059958078063772890957859.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I plugged the bind plug to my rx701.

Yes I did, it still not connected to the transmitter, I could post a video of me doing it if you want.

Did you by chance try to bind on a new model memory slot so the fixed ID stuff can not effect it? If not give that a go with a fresh model memory.

aria

Did you by chance try to bind on a new model memory slot so the fixed ID stuff can not effect it? If not give that a go with a fresh model memory.
The problem here is that I cannot access the menu using buttons. It just stuck there and do nothing even if i tried pressing everything possible. It's not responding to any of my input except for the thurottle stick.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The problem here is that I cannot access the menu using buttons. It just stuck there and do nothing even if i tried pressing everything possible. It's not responding to any of my input except for the thurottle stick.

Once you power down the radio and reboot it it should not be in bind mode. If your buttons are faulty then it should be the opposite that you cant use them to get into the menu system TO bind like you say. So it should not be in bind mode.

aria

Once you power down the radio and reboot it it should not be in bind mode. If your buttons are faulty then it should be the opposite that you cant use them to get into the menu system TO bind like you say. So it should not be in bind mode.
It's pretty hard to explain so I made a video.
Sorry it took so long for me to reply, here's the link

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
It's pretty hard to explain so I made a video.
Sorry it took so long for me to reply, here's the link

I dug mine out and it actually still works haha. Binding needs the plug to stay in until the process completes. You MUST select the model you wish to bind to. IF the current model selected still has fixed id set then you will never get that receiver to bind until you go into radio settings and unassign it so the receiver can bind in normal mode.

Not sure what is going on with your buttons though. I can hear the physical click in the video so they are not binding from finger oils and dirt. Until you get that figured out so you can access settings then nothing will bind to that radio. Maybe open the radio and try the buttons while the cover is off? Also check and make sure all the cable plugs inside the radio are secure and fully plugged in. I know the plugs can cause issues if they are the slightest bit loose. Also look at all the internal wiring to be sure none are broken or have been pinched between the shell halves.