HI Everyone... Question DX9 / FPV

MonAmiDarin

Hi everyone.. New here... I love flite test. I am hoping that someone can tell me what to do. .

I have fpv set up on my dx9. The fatshark hd is working and is linked. I have followed directions and it does work. However.... The servo limits set with the master stop the camera where i have set the limits. As soon as i switch to slave the Headtracker goggles then the servo limits are out the window. I have the camera moving too far in all directions..

What do I do.. ??

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Which trainer master is your DX9 set as? Programmable or Pilot Link?

Programmable assumes the slave radio (your headtracker in this case) does all the mixing and limits.

In Pilot Link, all the mixes and limits happen on the master, and the slave is assumed to be raw stick output (pretty much what you want).

MonAmiDarin

Dan Thank you for the imput. I am not sure then why there is an FPV headtracker setting on the dx9 if you have to use the pilot link setting. Also could you help me with how do you set servo limits with the slave headtracker as there is no instruction on how to do this ? FYI i have tried setting the master as with both pilot link and programable master with no luck. When i switch it to slave the headtracker works however the limits set are ignored.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Sorry about that, then. I don't own a DX9, just been around the block with enough spectrum TXs to understand some of their quirks.

I'm kinda surprised the travel limits aren't mixed into the pilot link . . . or the FPV mode for that matter. In either case, you're right, if the radio is just passing along what it's hearing form the headtracker, you'll have to set the limits in the goggles. Not sure which tracker you have, but from what I'm reading your options may be limited. The built-in head trackers don't appear to have a servo throw setting and the external ones have an expanded servo range, but not a limited range option:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/helpscout.net/docs/assets/52a0a907e4b010488044ba40/attachments/544729f3e4b02a8c56ed86df/2412-Spec-RevA.pdf