So now let's try doing a folded wing whether it's for the main wing, horizontal or vertical . Cut my normal 10mm V groove in the foam but instead of using my ruler and crushing the edge to make the fold easier let's melt it down. Trailing edge I did on the reverse side or outside of the wing and like always taped where the main fold will be for strength while folding.
Might as well go one more step forward and add a control surface. Cut one out, beveled the leading edge and sanded it round . Then cut out some hinges out of hinge paper, marked off some slots for them , centering was easy because in the middle of the 2 layers . Little ca glue and we have working control surface.
It should give you a really nice aero dynamic airfoil and really it isn't that much more work. I think I will try it first on the Baron , just have to find some time to get in and modify the plans but I am thinking of not only the wing but also the horizontal and vertical.
I have started the new Baron trying this technique. Doing all surfaces . If it works I then can compare how it handles plus speed compared to not only the basic foam ones but to also my smooth Baron wing which is definitely faster then the basic foam guys.
Ok so all 3 panels are now glued together, looks not to bad so far. For the wing I made the spar only 6mm tall to keep the airfoil slim and hopefully still have some lift to it. It will be similar to the smooth Baron wing.
LOL, we will see. I should be able to have it together for this Thursday , rain has delayed jobs and allowed me to build but if the sun comes out then I am doing double time . Mind you the wind the last few days has just been stupid wicked.