• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

hotwax Plan Index

Hi mactek,

your wingtips are okay as they are.

In the old days, we made Styrofoam and Balsa wings for the Stick with just these wingtips.

Good Job, keep doing

Hi all,

looking into outerzone.co.uk, I had this idea of spurious 50s Jets.

I quickly found the plan for the Cherry Bomb, downloaded it, made some rough calculations, took pencil and paper and here is the prototype. I made some minor errors, but nothing serious.

It's an experiment as I blended a standart Flitetest profile into a modified KFM-1.

Will it work? I don't know.

For a picture, look at post #1

Last edited:
FB Cherry Bomb made its successful maiden.

It's a smooth flyer both upright and upside down. Slow speed handling will be subject to further investigation. Maybe a bigger rudder is needed.

105_0965.JPG

105_0966.JPG

I did a rolling circle and some loops and rolls. All went well, landing was smooth with little flair.

got Retro Fever

Hi all,

back at the building board, I started a new mini series: Foamie Antiques

1. FB Graupner Terry
2. FB Hegi Auster
3. FB Robbe Rasant (or Rasant Speed?)

It's a selection of well known German Classics. Hopefully I can turn them into planes, that can raise memories.

FB Graupner Terry so far:

105_1325.JPG

Last edited:
The FB Terry is nearly ready to fly. Some final touches at the paintwork and it's off the board.

105_1333.JPG

It's a swappable!

I borrowed the wing profile from the FB Funk Max with a chord of 200 mm.
Span 1050 mm, Weight 686 gr, Batterie 11,1 V 1000mAh
Paint is household acrylic paint, rolled on. (30 gr paint). Black and grey areas are adhesive tape.

Maybe I should do a sport wing with only little diheadral and ailerons?

red-white-red, very nice choice of color ;)
Sorry, not my idea, it's from the Graupner catalog:

Terry Katalog.JPG

Very interesting, the catalog from 1972 gives 1100 gr weight, my plane is unter 700 gr, I believe this counts as progress.

And finally I got the catch: Austria ... red white red ... okay, that's your point :))

Last edited:
;)
I might have to try painting a model of mine too, your terry looks so damn clean! Though Ill wait for the next full sized model as paint might be too heavy for minis

Also d graupner catalogs are indeed a good source of inspiration, thanks for that! My dad has tonns of them lying around at home somewhere. Ill for shure check some of them.