Help! I cannot get my plane to work.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
dx5e. They do not plug into a laptop. They have no programablity other than reversing the channels.
Thanks never used a DXe5 so wasn't sure. Just puzzles me why the trims work but not the the sticks themselves, sounds like some settings/inputs have been de-activated ?

Corsair714

Thanks never used a DXe5 so wasn't sure. Just puzzles me why the trims work but not the the sticks themselves, sounds like some settings/inputs have been de-activated ?
I'm also confused, I haven't heard of an issue quite like this before.

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
Hey guys maybe we should use this thread to help OP lol. The off topic thread would be good for language stuff. Also maybe the problem is that OP is trying to use a 6 channel receiver with a 5 channel transmitter?

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I can adjust the trim but nothing else.
What you need to do is calibrate the ESC. If you can adjust trims then the receiver is bound. This is what you need to do, take off your prop, turn on your transmitter, disengage the throttle cut off, and put your left stick all the way to full up. Plug the battery into the plane, and it should beep a few times then stop. Once stopped beeping bring the left stick all the way down, then it should beep a few more times and stop again. Now try the controls. Let us know if this works, good luck

BuilderNull

What you need to do is calibrate the ESC. If you can adjust trims then the receiver is bound. This is what you need to do, take off your prop, turn on your transmitter, disengage the throttle cut off, and put your left stick all the way to full up. Plug the battery into the plane, and it should beep a few times then stop. Once stopped beeping bring the left stick all the way down, then it should beep a few more times and stop again. Now try the controls. Let us know if this works, good luck
how do you disengage the throttle cut off?

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
It's usually on a switch. It isn't a setting, it is a safety switch basically. Just see if it is set and make sure that it isn't on. (Also if it isn't set then set one on a known good switch, they can be very good for safety).

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
If your transmitter has a dedicated throttle cut off switch, you need to find out if its set to active or in-active (on or off) in your set-up menu (you will have to check your manual for this).

If it has been set up as active (its usually on a 2 way switch). In the OFF position the throttle stick is non operational (so you can't accidentally knock the throttle un-intentionally and start the prop rotating. However, once you switch to ON the converse applies you can now use the throttle stick to A) to start your motor and increase its speed and B) calibrate your ESC.

However, if the dedicated switch has not been activated in the set up menu, then the above is irrelevent. Your motor should be immediately active when you activate the throttle stick.
:unsure: Unless somehow someone has messed up the ESC calibration settings, which means you may need to reset the ESC back to the factory default setting.
I suggest you buy one of these, you can test your motor and ESC without the need for your transmitter. Comes in handy after for checking and centering your servos.
1607992724994.png Cost (£2.59 GBP) from Banggood $3.45 USD

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
how do you disengage the throttle cut off?
Judging by this answer you do need to calibrate your ESC. Like mentioned above you could use a servo tester for the same thing, and it should translate well to the transmitter once hooked back up to the receiver. Your throttle cut off switch should be next to your left index finger when holding the Tx in your hands, and like mentioned before it is a two position switch. All said and done you should read the manual to find your throttle cut off switch. Beyond that here is a vid that may help you...