I can't get this quad to bind!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Okay. Now I have a problem. When I set spektrum sat bind to 9, and then plug the drone in after disconecting, the same problem started again. The esc makes no sound or indication of being plugged in.

Are you plugging in with a battery still connected? If so it wont allow anything as a safety feature to prevent full throttle take offs while connected to usb. you can connect to betaflight thru usb, THEN connect a battery to check things as you have to click a button specifically stating you know what you are doing and that the quad can fully arm and spin motors. However... you can not connect an already powered flight controller into betaflight and connect.

AeroPointIndustries

Are you plugging in with a battery still connected? If so it wont allow anything as a safety feature to prevent full throttle take offs while connected to usb. you can connect to betaflight thru usb, THEN connect a battery to check things as you have to click a button specifically stating you know what you are doing and that the quad can fully arm and spin motors. However... you can not connect an already powered flight controller into betaflight and connect.
I didn't have the battery connected at all whatsoever.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I didn't have the battery connected at all whatsoever.

Even when you tried to bind? Not all FC nor receivers will power up the receiver during bind of just usb power. Some must have a main battery plugged in. If this is the case that would explain why you had / have no lights on the receiver. Just make sure you dont have props on when connecting to a computer.

Other wise you may end up like this..
Ground face.jpg

AeroPointIndustries

Even when you tried to bind? Not all FC nor receivers will power up the receiver during bind of just usb power. Some must have a main battery plugged in. If this is the case that would explain why you had / have no lights on the receiver. Just make sure you dont have props on when connecting to a computer.

Other wise you may end up like this..
View attachment 206998
Thing is, doing it without the battery plugged in has allowed me to bind before. I just tried doing it with the battery connected(after connected to betaflight of course) and it didn't change anything.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Thing is, doing it without the battery plugged in has allowed me to bind before. I just tried doing it with the battery connected(after connected to betaflight of course) and it didn't change anything.

Then you are sadly at the part swapping stage of troubleshooting I am afraid mate.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
That's okay. Thanks for the feedback though! Would it be bad to try and re-flash it?

Not at all. If you can connect and get into DFU mode go for it. Just be aware that the versions have to match.. which maybe also could be causing an issue binding but it usually tells you when you connect of any mismatches so I did not bring that up before.

AeroPointIndustries

Not at all. If you can connect and get into DFU mode go for it. Just be aware that the versions have to match.. which maybe also could be causing an issue binding but it usually tells you when you connect of any mismatches so I did not bring that up before.
Could this be a problem? It says the maximum voltage is 4.3 V. I'm using a 7.4V 2s.
1630990698421.png

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Could this be a problem? It says the maximum voltage is 4.3 V. I'm using a 7.4V 2s. View attachment 207022

No mate thats just where you set you battery size so you can set timers and vocal warnings as well as hud warnings n such.

this is how I set up a quad start to finish including building it. Give it a read and maybe follow the steps as you go and see if there is something you are missing or totally off base. Its a 3 inch build but its all the same no matter what quad I build or fly for the most part.

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.p...-the-oberon-ob-1-3-inch-quad-evolution.65728/