I can't get this quad to bind!

AeroPointIndustries

Yeah that didn't work. it won't recognize the right stick entirely, but I was able to fix the left stick so it's throttle and rudder, but the controls aren't in the center.

AeroPointIndustries

Actually, I just figured out my dx6i is broken. In the monitor section, the aileron won't center, and ends up in a different place every time you center the stick, and it moves on it's own. Does anyone know how to fix them or if spektrum will fix it?

AeroPointIndustries

Also, now when I plug in the battery to the quad, the motors don't make the sound, and there's only one light, and that's on the pdb. Is it shorting out or something?

AeroPointIndustries

Also, now when I plug in the battery to the quad, the motors don't make the sound, and there's only one light, and that's on the pdb. Is it shorting out or something?
So after a while it makes the sound once, and then if you plug it in after that within an hour or two, it doesnt make the sound, but after like an hour or 2, it'll make the sound once and do the same thing. Any ideas?

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
Actually, I just figured out my dx6i is broken. In the monitor section, the aileron won't center, and ends up in a different place every time you center the stick, and it moves on it's own. Does anyone know how to fix them or if spektrum will fix it?
Spektrum probably will, would cost if out of warranty. Sounds like you probably need a new pot for the stick or a whole new subassembly.

AeroPointIndustries

Spektrum probably will, would cost if out of warranty. Sounds like you probably need a new pot for the stick or a whole new subassembly.
I'm not the original buyer and I doubt that a warranty is still good. If it's a lot of work or money to fix it, I'll just find a new one from the various people that I know have and will sell them.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
So the same problem keeps happening, and I have no idea what the problem is. Any ideas? Should I try re-flashing the firmware?

I would not do anything until you get the radio issues sorted out. If that is busy cycling a bad input signal it may not allow the radio to actually get into a bind mode because to itself its already in use.

That said. A COMMON issue with radios and twitchy sticks that move on their own is simply the plug inside the radio has worked loose. you can carefully open the back of the radio and press ALL the connectors while you are in there and make sure good contact is made. Just unplug the battery before doing so to avoid any unwanted accidents or further damage.

AeroPointIndustries

I would not do anything until you get the radio issues sorted out. If that is busy cycling a bad input signal it may not allow the radio to actually get into a bind mode because to itself its already in use.

That said. A COMMON issue with radios and twitchy sticks that move on their own is simply the plug inside the radio has worked loose. you can carefully open the back of the radio and press ALL the connectors while you are in there and make sure good contact is made. Just unplug the battery before doing so to avoid any unwanted accidents or further damage.
I'll try that first, but it's not a transmitter problem. I bound it to another transmitter(a pretty trash one, but it still works), and I got a few better results on the throttle page in betaflight, but out of nowhere the motors wont spin up, and the Quad won't bind anymore.

AeroPointIndustries

I'll try that first, but it's not a transmitter problem. I bound it to another transmitter(a pretty trash one, but it still works), and I got a few better results on the throttle page in betaflight, but out of nowhere the motors wont spin up, and the Quad won't bind anymore.
So before I tried checking the plugs in the controller, the rudder is now doing the same thing. So then I tried the plugs, and that didn't do anything.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
just for giggles.. try setting the dead band on all the channels to like 10 see if that clears up the jitters. It could be just a matter of worn or corroded potentiometers. In which case you can try tv tuner spray in them to clean them out. If that doesnt work then it may be time to replace them.

As far as connecting to the quad to bind are you sure you have a proper data cable and not just a charging cable? easiest way to tell is if windows dings bonks or squeeks when you plug in the quad. If it does not then you probably have a charge only cable.

I would uninstall any usb drivers for the quad you have tried. Do a cold restart on the computer and start fresh.

Plug the cable in wait for ding. if no ding try different cable. if there is a ding run the impulserc driverfixer tool. That usually solves most connection issues. BUT you MUST delete old drivers AND do a cold start (not to be confused with a reboot) of the computer otherwise windows just puts back the old driver and your back where you started.

If you get to this point and still have problems come back with detailed happenings or better yet video the process. If you video on a phone PLEASE do not do a vertical video as we can not see squat that way.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Im not sure of this has already been said but if you are running dsmx (and I think you are) make sure that you have your travel set to 146-7. That will give you full range and might solve the arming issue.

AeroPointIndustries

Im not sure of this has already been said but if you are running dsmx (and I think you are) make sure that you have your travel set to 146-7. That will give you full range and might solve the arming issue.
I don't think that's been said, yes I'm running spektrum, and where do I set that?

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Go to control set up click on the bold title and scroll to travel. Once there set it to this. 146 in both boxes in alt, rol, pit, and yaw.

Attachments

• WIN_20210906_15_53_46_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210906_15_53_46_Pro.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 0

AeroPointIndustries

just for giggles.. try setting the dead band on all the channels to like 10 see if that clears up the jitters. It could be just a matter of worn or corroded potentiometers. In which case you can try tv tuner spray in them to clean them out. If that doesnt work then it may be time to replace them.

As far as connecting to the quad to bind are you sure you have a proper data cable and not just a charging cable? easiest way to tell is if windows dings bonks or squeeks when you plug in the quad. If it does not then you probably have a charge only cable.

I would uninstall any usb drivers for the quad you have tried. Do a cold restart on the computer and start fresh.

Plug the cable in wait for ding. if no ding try different cable. if there is a ding run the impulserc driverfixer tool. That usually solves most connection issues. BUT you MUST delete old drivers AND do a cold start (not to be confused with a reboot) of the computer otherwise windows just puts back the old driver and your back where you started.

If you get to this point and still have problems come back with detailed happenings or better yet video the process. If you video on a phone PLEASE do not do a vertical video as we can not see squat that way.
It's not the drivers because I was able to connect it until this happened. I'll send a video on what is happening in a second.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
It's not the drivers because I was able to connect it until this happened. I'll send a video on what is happening in a second.

I forgot about the spectrum travel limits as default. What @Mr_Stripes is valid to this issue too. Works out to ~+-147% to get the end points to be 1000us to 2000us which is the range multirotors use for control. I think we may be zeroing in on your issue. :)