Indoor venues for multirotors?

Cypress

What are some open-to-the-public venues in which flying might be permitted?

My whole 4th of July holiday is about to get rained out and I'm not sure where to start looking.

Thanks!

Edit: Oh, and I already looked for a parking garage, there doesn't appear to be one anywhere around SW Michigan.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
What are some open-to-the-public venues in which flying might be permitted?

My whole 4th of July holiday is about to get rained out and I'm not sure where to start looking.

Thanks!

Edit: Oh, and I already looked for a parking garage, there doesn't appear to be one anywhere around SW Michigan.

Something that's become fairly popular for San Diego is flying inside breweries! They usually have large open areas where you can put up a few gates, and the racing brings in patrons who want to watch.

That said, it's limited to things with prop guards and usually TinyWhoop/micro quad size, because they usually have ducted blades and are generally safer than say, a Gremlin or 5" racing quad...AND, you have to get permission to do it from the owner. But, it's a growing thing - just, don't drink and fly. Save your beer drinking for AFTER you've flown your packs and you're celebrating a win. :)

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
That’s an awesome idea!

It's great, but sometimes the permission is difficult to get. That said, where I live in North County San Diego, we have a TON of microbreweries. I think there are actually more microbreweries in my town than there are Starbucks, which says a lot (and every single one has tasting rooms!)

They're constantly looking for ways to bring people in, whether it's a Game Night, or rotating food trucks, or even Video Game Music festival...The Drone racing is just another way to bring people in, provided you can do it properly. Most of the places want insurance or lots of safety, or slower speed racing, which is understandable if you're going to have patrons around. You can't really net it off in many of these places, and netting is expensive (Believe me, I've looked; it's not a cheap, "Here, let me throw $30 at it" type of thing LOL). But, if you can do it like in the video above, it's pretty cool. :)