Insane Drone Warehouse Racing In 4K

DroneGod

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to this site, so thanks for taking the time to read this. I think that this FPV drone racing will be a television sport of the future. What's your thoughts?

DroneGod

Last edited:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Hey DroneGod,

welcome to the forum :).

I'm not sure it will be televised any time soon, because it's not really interesting for spectators I think. Video quality is still too bad for the FPV part and it's difficult to follow the small quads with a camera for an outside view.

And to be honest, I'm getting bored by the sheer of "awesome FPV drone flying" videos that pop up everywhere.

Papillion

I think that this FPV drone racing will be a television sport of the future. What's your thoughts?

I agree! I am a big fan of The Drone Racing League. Their YouTube channel is awesome. The production value is very high quality. I am not a big sports guy, but some of my co-workers have seen the DRL on ESPN. It is totally the next big sport of the future!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Yeah I'm digging on the DRL videos for now as well. But like Balu says watching too many of one thing numbs the senses and lessens the "Shiny" aspect. I'm just glad I can semi fly in FPV and not to too much damage so far.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
The setup in Dubai was pretty cool and kind of fun to watch, but as I said, you can't really see the quads competing with each other. They are flying around in circles, have special shortcut tracks they are allowed to use once and do pitstops. But you can't really see them flying, overtaking, etc. which is what makes F1 so interesting.

I'd compare it more to something like a ski slalom where one runner goes after the other to beat a time than "racing".

BobK

Banned
I had to turn the volume down I was getting flashbacks of camping with my grandpa in a horribly mosquito infested forest, then I turned the channel to a home improvement show so I could watch paint dry for some excitement.