KK2 Mini Board No Signal Message

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Whoops, I forgot the white port was for the buzzer, not a satellite!
I don't have my kk mini nearby, I'll try to look at the set up later.

gmagic911

KK2 Mini No Signal

Whoops, I forgot the white port was for the buzzer, not a satellite!
I don't have my kk mini nearby, I'll try to look at the set up later.

I would GREATLY appreciate any other suggestions you might have, because I am TOTALLY lost as to what to do next.

NuttyGeezer

Have you tried setting the receiver type to standard or PWM?

The CC3D has the ability to set up custom mixes, it might be something to try if you want to give up on the KK board

Last edited:

gmagic911

Have you tried setting the receiver type to standard or PWM?

The CC3D has the ability to set up custom mixes, it might be something to try if you want to give up on the KK board

I changed the rx setting to PWM and the status changed from No Signal to Disarmed. The elevator and ailerons respond to the tx, but the throttle doesn't. Note: The model is built without rudder control (no servo). Now I guess I must determine how to arm it?

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Rudder usually arms the board, so you may need to up your rudder throws in order to get it to arm. I'm flying to California tomorrow, otherwise I'd work on it tonight.

gmagic911

KK2 Mini

in the General category found Safety and selected "armed". Now need to determine why only 1 motor works. As you can see, the KK2 flight board is a new experience for me .

NuttyGeezer

My first step would be to try the motor and ESC that aren't working directly through the receiver to work out if they are broken or not, or try swapping the ESCs over on the KK board. Ill get openaero VTOL flashed on my spare KK mini so I can have a look at it

Last edited:

TessyEvans

Hi...i want to know only four wires? Or four servo leads? Okay so if you're looking at the KK2 mini board from the front in a right side up fashion, from the bottom of the input side going up you have.Ground +5V Throttle Aileron Elevator Rudder Aux. What firmware are you using? I noticed you are going with a VTOL plane so is it something like open aero VTOL? Or are you just making it a bicopter?

pcb assembly

Last edited:

gmagic911

Hi...i want to know only four wires? Or four servo leads? Okay so if you're looking at the KK2 mini board from the front in a right side up fashion, from the bottom of the input side going up you have.Ground +5V Throttle Aileron Elevator Rudder Aux. What firmware are you using? I noticed you are going with a VTOL plane so is it something like open aero VTOL? Or are you just making it a bicopter?

My 4 leads are Throttle, Aileron, Elevator and Rudder. Note: I use a lead for the rudder, but the model itself doesn't have a functioning rudder with a servo. Those leads are connected to the appropriate IN pins on the KK2. KK2 OUT 1 thru 8 are: 1) Motor left, 2) Motor right, 3) Left motor tilt servo, 4) Right motor tilt servo, 5) Left aileron servo, 6) Right aileron servo and 7) Elevator servo. The firmware is Open Aero, but I don't see where I can designate VTOL or bi-copter. It is armed and the right motor, left tilt servo, elevator servo and aileron servos function, but for unknown reason the left motor and right tilt servo do not respond.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
My 4 leads are Throttle, Aileron, Elevator and Rudder. Note: I use a lead for the rudder, but the model itself doesn't have a functioning rudder with a servo. Those leads are connected to the appropriate IN pins on the KK2. KK2 OUT 1 thru 8 are: 1) Motor left, 2) Motor right, 3) Left motor tilt servo, 4) Right motor tilt servo, 5) Left aileron servo, 6) Right aileron servo and 7) Elevator servo. The firmware is Open Aero, but I don't see where I can designate VTOL or bi-copter. It is armed and the right motor, left tilt servo, elevator servo and aileron servos function, but for unknown reason the left motor and right tilt servo do not respond.

That user just copied my post word for word...might be a bot...might be a spammer... who knows.

Only four wires? Or four servo leads? Okay so if you're looking at the KK2 mini board from the front in a right side up fashion, from the bottom of the input side going up you have...

Ground
+5V
Throttle
Aileron
Elevator
Rudder
Aux

Correct? What firmware are you using? I noticed you are going with a VTOL plane so is it something like open aero VTOL? Or are you just making it a bicopter?

gmagic911

I used the option reply with quote so I could see what I was responding to and please note I answered the Tessy Evans quetion so I'm not a BOT!

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
I used the option reply with quote so I could see what I was responding to and please note I answered the Tessy Evans quetion so I'm not a BOT!

No no no.... look at his post...

Then look at my post...

Only four wires? Or four servo leads? Okay so if you're looking at the KK2 mini board from the front in a right side up fashion, from the bottom of the input side going up you have...

Ground
+5V
Throttle
Aileron
Elevator
Rudder
Aux

Correct? What firmware are you using? I noticed you are going with a VTOL plane so is it something like open aero VTOL? Or are you just making it a bicopter?

TessyEvans copied my post and removed formating. I am saying TessyEvans may be a bot.

gmagic911

New problem: With fully charged battery, kk2 mini indicates low voltage with audible signal. I tested the battery under load and it tests ok. To be sure, I tried a 2nd battery with same results. This kk2 is the most challenging electronic gadget I have ever dealt with. What do I do now? Punt?

gmagic911

New problem: I'm hoping the wiring schematic will help to solve it. With fully charged battery, kk2 mini indicates low voltage with audible signal. Also the receiver light isn't on. I tested the battery under load and it tests ok. To be sure, I tried a 2nd battery with same results. If I reverse the THR connection at the KK2 (signal wire is now at GRD) the receiver yellow light is on with a red light, but kk2 low voltage signal continues. Do I need a stronger battery?

This kk2 is the most challenging electronic gadget I have ever dealt with. What do I do now? Punt?

Attachments

• KK2 wiring 001.jpg
    KK2 wiring 001.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 0

NuttyGeezer

The kids board voltmeter is slightly wrong, which I had with mine too. You should be able to see the voltage being read by the board on the first screen, so you can see how much it differs from the true value. If you go under one of the settings menus, probably miscellaneous, there is an option to trim the voltmeter, where each unit represents 1/10 of a volt. Trim it until you get the true voltage value, and check the voltage the alarm is set to trigger at, probably under the same menu. Otherwise, disconnect the voltage readings pins from the board and use a separate voltage alarm. The kk2 board is weird at first, but you are almost airborn so dont give up

Last edited:

gmagic911

There is no power going to the receiver, because its yellow light is off. I checked to make sure all of the signal wires are connected correctly to the receiver and kk2. I've been screwing around with this entirely too long.

NuttyGeezer

If you aren't using the built in voltage sensor, maybe it is a problem with the BEC of the ESC? I had a dodgy ESC on my quadcopter at one point and it provided enough power for the screen to light up but the board didn't boot, but when I swapped the output ports round so that a different ESC was on output 1, it fixed the issue. This would explain the motor not spinning too. Try swapping the 2 ESC ports round to see if it helps

NuttyGeezer

If the receiver test works fine, you could just unplug the buzzer and try it anyway. If you don't want to do that, you could set it up like a normal plane without the KK mini, and set your transmitter endpoints on the motor tilt channel so that you can go between horizontal and 45 degrees (Maybe more, but you would have to experiment) to horizontal so you can do some STOL flights, and mix in some rudder with differential thrust. You can then come back to the KK mini or another board later, but you will have had a chance to fly it.

EDIT: Ive noticed you only have 6 channels, so for my second suggestion you couldn't have rudder, but you could use rudder and gear for the tilts, with a mix so that the gear controls the rudder and with changed endpoint settings, and then aileron and aux for the 2 ailerons, with a mix so that aileron controls the aux. You could then set up flaps too to help with STOL abilities

Last edited: