Lemon Rx issues

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Hello all,

I just got a new lemon receiver and put it in my arrow. I went out for a flight and it crashed. Not a hard crash there was minimal damage. I couldn't figure out what happened. I figured I must have stalled or something. The plane just went suddenly out of control. Maybe I had a brown out? Anyway I decided to try again. This time I tried to stay as close as possible. I did a lowish fly by and it wouldn't pull up. I turned the throttle off and it stayed on. It wouldn't respond and it was right in front of me! Then it smashed into a tree and ruined my plane. Can someone tell me the possible cause? It is a brand new lemon 6 channel receiver. Here's a link to the rx. https://www.greathobbies.com/productinfo/?prod_id=LEM0021S
Might I suggest you try using one of these: V710 Storm G152. They are 7ch DSMX receivers sold through Banggood, I have a couple and have never had an issue with them I even used one of them in a balsa glider, no problems with range.
Not really discrete size but a lot cheaper than buying Spektrum receivers.

1666917766759.png
V710 2.4G 7CH Receiver for Spektrum Storm G152 DSMX DSM2
Description:

Item name: V710 2.4G 7CH receiver
Dimensions: L 47mm x W 24mm x H 14mm
Weight: about 11g
Channels: 7
Band: 2.4GHz Air
Antenna length: 2 x 135 mm
Operating voltage: 3.5V-9.6V

Features:
Specially developed for Spektrum DSM2 / DSMX transmitters
High-level receiver with full range
3dbi gain antenna, 18 db gain amplifier
Telemetry, compatible with TM1000
For DSMX / DSM2 spectrum transmitters
Banggood are selling them for around £21.00 GBP at the moment

MrMonoWheel

Looks just like the "FSFly" ones on aliexpress. I was about to buy one, however I went with the spektrum one on amazon just so I could get the plan working. I took it out for a flight and I gotta say I am impressed. For such a tiny little receiver I was able to fly to the edge of my visual range, and being in my twenties thats quite a ways out!

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Looks just like the "FSFly" ones on aliexpress. I was about to buy one, however I went with the spektrum one on amazon just so I could get the plan working. I took it out for a flight and I gotta say I am impressed. For such a tiny little receiver I was able to fly to the edge of my visual range, and being in my twenties thats quite a ways out!
They do look very similar to the V710and cheap. I have no idea if the FSFly version is any good though? never heard of them until you posted the link. I suspect someone is having a play on words between FRsky and Flysky? :LOL:
I have personally managed to sell off most of my Spectrum gear, the V710's are the only DSMx receivers I still use and trust. I've become a convert to FRsky and Radiomaster (which use FRsky protocol anyway). Since changing over, I've had no more mysterious unexplained crashes or loss of signal and the receivers are a lot cheaper to buy. I haven't bothered with the ACCESS system FRsky introduced, sticking with ACCST if it works stick with it.

MrMonoWheel

They do look very similar to the V710and cheap. I have no idea if the FSFly version is any good though? never heard of them until you posted the link. I suspect someone is having a play on words between FRsky and Flysky? :LOL:
I have personally managed to sell off most of my Spectrum gear, the V710's are the only DSMx receivers I still use and trust. I've become a convert to FRsky and Radiomaster (which use FRsky protocol anyway). Since changing over, I've had no more mysterious unexplained crashes or loss of signal and the receivers are a lot cheaper to buy. I haven't bothered with the ACCESS system FRsky introduced, sticking with ACCST if it works stick with it.
I can almost promise they are the same hardware underneath, thats usually how this stuff from china goes. I might have to consider switching away from spektrum as well, $50 for a simple 6 channel receiver is absurd. That being said, the only receiver I havent had issues with so far is the Spektrum branded one :unsure:

The Fopster

Master member
I can almost promise they are the same hardware underneath, thats usually how this stuff from china goes. I might have to consider switching away from spektrum as well, $50 for a simple 6 channel receiver is absurd. That being said, the only receiver I havent had issues with so far is the Spektrum branded one :unsure:
I realise this is unusual, but the only one I’ve had a problem with was Spektrum branded. I fly Lemon RX and Radiomaster and all seem faultless. My one Spektrum has a failed channel. YMMV.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Because I use a multi-protocol transmitter I am no longer restricted and fly with: FRsky, Flysky, Radiomaster and the V710 receivers all work fine, prices vary from £14 to £30.
I also have a Taranis QX7 which I like using with some of my FRsky receivers, but it takes a 4 in 1 module so even that doesn't restrict me.
Well, Fopster it doesn't surprise me I've had a few crashes in the past and every plane had a Spectrum receiver in it. I was started to think it was me or my ability to fly.
Since I swapped over, I have had a few twitchy planes but once trimmed they were fine but more importantly, I've had no crashes since (touch wood :unsure:).

MrMonoWheel

Because I use a multi-protocol transmitter I am no longer restricted and fly with: FRsky, Flysky, Radiomaster and the V710 receivers all work fine, prices vary from £14 to £30.
I also have a Taranis QX7 which I like using with some of my FRsky receivers, but it takes a 4 in 1 module so even that doesn't restrict me.
Well, Fopster it doesn't surprise me I've had a few crashes in the past and every plane had a Spectrum receiver in it. I was started to think it was me or my ability to fly.
Since I swapped over, I have had a few twitchy planes but once trimmed they were fine but more importantly, I've had no crashes since (touch wood :unsure:).
It seems this is the way to go then. I only have the spektrum AR620 and cheap DXS radio so I can still change to a different ecosystem. Would this be the best route to take? Multi Protocol?