Lemon Rx issues

Corsair714

ya I'm very confused why they would even bother putting a bec in. Maybe a boat. 700mah is enough for one servo.

skymaster

Elite member
What is a linear esc?
i got this info from the guys at rc goups
A linear BEC works by simply dropping the voltage. The same current flows through the whole circuit, so the BEC has to drop a lot of energy in the form of heat.
For example with a 4S pack if the servos draw one amp they will be consuming ~5 watts, but the BEC will have to dissipate 10 watts of heat, so it is only 33% efficient.
For an 8S pack at the same current it would only be 16% efficient. That is why you usually use linear BECs for 3S and lower.

A switching BEC is a sort of voltage converter. It takes pulses of high voltage and stores the energy in an inductor, and releases it at a lower voltage. Much more efficient so less heating of the BEC circuit.

Corsair714

i got this info from the guys at rc goups
A linear BEC works by simply dropping the voltage. The same current flows through the whole circuit, so the BEC has to drop a lot of energy in the form of heat.
For example with a 4S pack if the servos draw one amp they will be consuming ~5 watts, but the BEC will have to dissipate 10 watts of heat, so it is only 33% efficient.
For an 8S pack at the same current it would only be 16% efficient. That is why you usually use linear BECs for 3S and lower.

A switching BEC is a sort of voltage converter. It takes pulses of high voltage and stores the energy in an inductor, and releases it at a lower voltage. Much more efficient so less heating of the BEC circuit.

hmm I've never heard of that very interesting.

MrMonoWheel

This an older thread but for what its worth I built a F22 mini with the same reciever and a ZTW Mantis Slim 20A esc with a 3a BEC and after flying the maiden for 10 seconds it completely lost signal and became a lawn dart straight into the asphalt. Im not sure if the ESC stopped providing power to the receiver, or if the receiver lost signal. I emailed altitude hobbies to see what they say.

Bricks

Master member
This an older thread but for what its worth I built a F22 mini with the same reciever and a ZTW Mantis Slim 20A esc with a 3a BEC and after flying the maiden for 10 seconds it completely lost signal and became a lawn dart straight into the asphalt. Im not sure if the ESC stopped providing power to the receiver, or if the receiver lost signal. I emailed altitude hobbies to see what they say.

My guess is the ESC could not keep up voltage to power the receiver, could be battery sag. Easy test get someone to hold plane use wide open throttle and work control surfaces. Then see if after this test the receiver is blinking quickly if so the receiver had low voltage at one time during test and possibly had a brown out..

MrMonoWheel

My guess is the ESC could not keep up voltage to power the receiver, could be battery sag. Easy test get someone to hold plane use wide open throttle and work control surfaces. Then see if after this test the receiver is blinking quickly if so the receiver had low voltage at one time during test and possibly had a brown out..
I had an ESC/Motor setup on my desk with this receiver and the transmitter 2 feet away. I set the throttle to 10% and just watched, and after anywhere from 10-30 seconds it would just cutout. Sometimes just a blip, other times for up to 5 seconds. I tried it with a 30A esc and the same thing happened, and this is without any servos or extra load. Today amazon delivered my AR620 and ive had it connected with the motor spinning at 10% throttle for 15 minutes now and it hasnt disconnected once. I think its safe to say the receiver was at fault.