Mini Corsair Version 2

Karolyiboys

Hello There! Do you guys know when the Mini Corsair Version 2 is coming out? They've been hinting a lot about it in recent videos, but I haven't heard a real date, or just even an estimate. Thanks ahead, Karolyiboys

Draftman1

Lol, we are still waiting on the simple stick, it was said it would be reliesed about a month ago, nothing yet!!

earl38

I’ve got all the supplies needed to build the giant Corsair. All I’m lacking are the PLANS! Is there any way to contact Noah or Josh and get them to post the PDF of the plans they used? I’d be happy to pay for them.

w1lp33

I’ve got all the supplies needed to build the giant Corsair. All I’m lacking are the PLANS! Is there any way to contact Noah or Josh and get them to post the PDF of the plans they used? I’d be happy to pay for them.

Take the Master Series Corsair plans and just scale them up? I believe if you use the thick foam you just scale the plans up by 185% and everything works the same. They use the thick foam on the internal parts, and the regular foam for the outside skin on all their giant builds

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Like @w1lp33 said, you can just upscale the full size plans to 185%. Use monster foam for everything except the fuselage and wing skins. You’ll want to make those out of normal thickness foamboard so it’s easier to mold. Just keep in mind that you’ll need to increase the size of the formers by about 4mm to account for the thinner foam skins.

moke

is there a specific build video for the mini corsair 737 mm? or do we use the build directions from the mighty mini?

earl38

Like @w1lp33 said, you can just upscale the full size plans to 185%. Use monster foam for everything except the fuselage and wing skins. You’ll want to make those out of normal thickness foamboard so it’s easier to mold. Just keep in mind that you’ll need to increase the size of the formers by about 4mm to account for the thinner foam skins.
It’s a different build. The structure of the new mini Corsair is a better design than the master series. Turns out, they didn’t just scale up the new mini, but combined it with the wing of the master series full size Corsair. They could solve so many problems for me by just posting the PDF of what Noah used to build it. Don’t understand why they won’t. I’ve just about got a 200% scale of the new mini built. Have had to modify a few things and add a box spar to make it work. It’s a tad smaller than their giant Corsair.

moke

It’s a different build. The structure of the new mini Corsair is a better design than the master series. Turns out, they didn’t just scale up the new mini, but combined it with the wing of the master series full size Corsair. They could solve so many problems for me by just posting the PDF of what Noah used to build it. Don’t understand why they won’t. I’ve just about got a 200% scale of the new mini built. Have had to modify a few things and add a box spar to make it work. It’s a tad smaller than their giant Corsair.
thnx!

moke

just got my 'kit' Mini Corsair. Less than a week from order to delivery. Wow on quality of kit. Decals, plywood parts, and other parts. Looks like quality to me. Anxious to start the build process.

moke

Finishing up FT Mini Corsair from kit. I have about a dozen FT builds under my belt. No master series yet but this one seems like a step towards that. I have to say that this is the best kit I have done yet. The kit itself is very complete and even includes nice decal set. This one introduced me to some new techniques that I like a lot. The forming instead of folds makes this a real beauty. This is one great design I think. Only issue I have had was struggling some with the rudder and elevator control rod routing. I found too much bend when installed according to plans and that resulted in difficulty moving them. I moved the cut out holes in the former a little higher, took out some of the bend and they work smoothly now. Need to figure out how to do some landing gear, finish the electronics and then on to maiden.
corsair 1.jpg

MTL_Greg

Finishing up FT Mini Corsair from kit. I have about a dozen FT builds under my belt. No master series yet but this one seems like a step towards that. I have to say that this is the best kit I have done yet. The kit itself is very complete and even includes nice decal set. This one introduced me to some new techniques that I like a lot. The forming instead of folds makes this a real beauty. This is one great design I think. Only issue I have had was struggling some with the rudder and elevator control rod routing. I found too much bend when installed according to plans and that resulted in difficulty moving them. I moved the cut out holes in the former a little higher, took out some of the bend and they work smoothly now. Need to figure out how to do some landing gear, finish the electronics and then on to maiden.
View attachment 187920
What is your ready to fly weight?
And please tell us what you used for a battery?
Thx 😃

Intashu

Elite member
The existing mini corsair flies amazing if you keep it light.
We found the Zero flies better between the two, but then again the corsair may be a bit heavy in comparison due to the complexity of the wing. Only my ol' man has the corsair however, he made it before I could trace the plans onto a sheet to scratch build one. So I only got a zero while he had both.

I am not holding my breath on plans being released soon due to simple stick STILL being delayed, I really wish they would give some kind of announcement on why or when about that, but I get the impression they may be holding out on releasing plans for several months going forward with all their planes instead of just one month. Business and needing funding after all.

We fly ours on a "F pack" equivalent motor, paired with a 950mah 3s lipo. which fits great in the battery area. The Corsair has a 6x3 prop on it and my zero has a 4" 3 blade prop.. I actually threw a 2700kv motor on my zero, and it absolutely SCREAMS at full throttle!

Neither plane did we bother with rudder, saves weight and we found we never really use the rudder on the mini series planes, they're just too much fun as a bank-n-yank with ailerons and elevator.

My biggest complaint about them is the flat bottom tail looks terrible. you CAN round them out by curving the bottom corners of the former pieces, and cutting the rounded foam piece shorter to match, it's a pain, but the end result looks 200% better I believe. Also yes the default way the servo wire goes is a bit more of a bend than I feel is nessesary, maybe it helps keep it steadier this way, but I also straightened the pathway out so it's easier on the servo.

We BOTH agree however, that the New corsair flies much better than the original mini corsair did. lighter, and more forgiving characteristics. Also the battery hatch is a vast improvement.

moke

Gotter done and ready to fly. Maybe tomorrow a.m.
Did some 'cheesy' stuff on the bottom. But with this color and our blue skies I would lose the bird for sure without some reference colors.
20210105_132715.jpg

Attachments

• 20210105_132722.jpg
    20210105_132722.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210105_132632.jpg
    20210105_132632.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

moke

So five year old rc pilot Nathan came over and asked me if I was going to fly 'Skipper'. I didn't know what he was talking about. Grandpa Nathan explained to me that Nathan loves corsairs and that the corsair from the cartoon airplanes is named skipper. So I did my first flight of 'Skipper' and it turned out pretty well. https://vimeo.com/497743332

moke

I do have to say that this mini corsair has been on of the best first flights I have done on any model I have owned. No trim was necessary. Flew like it is on rails. Plenty of speed on top end, but also stable at slow speeds. I'm going to enjoy this one for a lot of flights.

frogman

What is your ready to fly weight?
And please tell us what you used for a battery?
Thx 😃

I also got a build kit for Christmas and have it completed. I have not flown it here yet as there is too much snow on the ground. I used stuff I have laying around for servos and motor. I have a 3304/2300 motor and 6x4.5 prop. I did install the rudder. I used two 9g servos on the wing and 2 5g servos for the tail surfaces. All up with a 3S 850 battery I came in around 350grams. The mini Corsair battery compartment is big enough to put a 4S in or even a 3S 1300 quad battery but I'm not sure how the weight would affected it.

I also got the Zero from Christmas and have it built. I can tell you it is a little lighter but the battery area barely holds a 3s 850 battery and that is a tight fit. A 3S 1000 may work if you if you cram it in. Forget putting a 4S in there unless you can find a really thin one. On the Zero I had a 2306/2300 eMax Race Spec motor laying around so I installed that. Hopefully it goes good on 3S. No chance of 4S for that plane. It came in a bit over 300g and used all 9g servos.