Motor works but not the servo's

KennyYVR

Hi there,
I am new to RC flying so I hope someone can help.
I built a Balsa Fokker Dr1 and set it up for 4 channel. Initially, everything worked fine. Now I have a plethora of problems and a spent budget. All parts are new etc.
Apologies if some of this stuff is in the wrong thread.
I have been switching off power to plane first then the transmitter, I believe this is the right way to do it?

The motor runs fine, but it twitches even when the throttle is off.

Motor stops running, but beeps once in 2 about second intervals when I plug in servo(s) to Rx, and the light in the Rx goes out.
(I have tested a different servo not fitted to plane and it still does this)

I have no idea what is going on and I can't afford to spend more money on new electronics (will if I have to though).

Thanks!!

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
The motor will beep until the transmitter connects with the receiver. Try using the throttle trim to get it to stop twitching. Sometimes if there is a little bit of electricity going through the system it'll go to the motor. Trim should fix that unless the ESC needs calibration, so try calibrating the ESC too. AS for the servos not working, are you sure they a plugged in the right way? Different receivers have the plugs go in in different directions, so just try turning the connectors around. I hope this helps, and god luck with your electronics.

KennyYVR

Thanks for your input...
I checked the servos and they were plugged in correctly, (I referred to the http://flitetest.com/articles/ft-swappable-connecting-electronics tutorial ). As you suggested I switched the orientation of plugs around but it causes the Motor to twitch like it wants to start running. The Rx light does remain on though.

Is it possible that the receiver is faulty? although I can't imagine the motor would run if it was.

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Is your bind plug still in? Make sure it is bound properly to the transmitter, otherwise it is possible that you have a faulty receiver, but I'm no expert, so do some more digging before you decide to replace it.