My Maddest Scratchbuild (so far)

Taildragger

Legendary member
Hey guys, is this a dumb idea?
My FT micro beaver had a pretty good crash a few weeks ago, and it destroyed the front end. basically what posted earlierwas a replacement front end that will turn it into a turbo beaver, but I'm not sure if I should just fix it normally or go through with the conversion. I also may upgrade the motor and definitely will put beefier landing gear on it.
@Hondo76251 how does this thing fly heavy? I'm wondering if I should also modify it to have more wing area by maybe stretching the wingspan and adding a leading edge cuff because I'm concerned it will have too high a wing loading.
thoughts???
Well, might as well start a thread on this one.

Taildragger

Legendary member
1634161128025.png

bushwheels mocked up
@Hondo76251

Taildragger

Legendary member
then why not just copy the whole plane already?
idk. maybe I will :LOL:
I kinda was thinking make all these parts interchangeable so I can even make the original again or have a scale wing turbo beaver, have a slow fly setup, etc. I like versatility also EPO planes are more durable than foamboard

Scotto

Elite member
Is there plenty of room on the inside to move the battery back? I guess you can always make room nevermind lol. The wing looks really small on the real one. I guess it works because the turboprop is so light?:unsure:

Taildragger

Legendary member
Is there plenty of room on the inside to move the battery back? I guess you can always make room nevermind lol. The wing looks really small on the real one. I guess it works because the turboprop is so light?:unsure:
yeah there's tons of space. I could move the battery like 2-3 inches back
The wings are small, they might be a concern but we'll see (y)

Taildragger

Legendary member
Working on this tonight... no pics cause it hasn't really taken shape yet but at least I am in the physical build part of this

SSgt Duramax

What motor did you end up going with. On my UMX sized planes I ended up liking a 1407/2700kv as opposed to the smaller 1306 motor with a corresponding prop. The little weight gain ended up with phenominal performance and abilities in the wind.