My take on an F-16.

fdameronut

I've posted some plans for an F-16 that I intend to build. I'd welcome any advice on changes that might make the build better. Thanks.

- Floyd

Attachments

• F-16.zip
    416.4 KB · Views: 0

Phin G

Elite member
The plans look nice and clean. My one query is about the battery placement as it isnt completely square with the body as it could make the flying different to the ideal stable flight.

peteparkerh

For the new FliteTest F-16 build, they say you should use a 6S 4000mah battery. The suggested 70mm ducted fan has an 80amp ESC (XT60).

What C battery should I look at getting for this build? Any specific batteries anyone would suggest?

fdameronut

For the new FliteTest F-16 build, they say you should use a 6S 4000mah battery. The suggested 70mm ducted fan has an 80amp ESC (XT60).

What C battery should I look at getting for this build? Any specific batteries anyone would suggest?
Since I am basing the power plant off of the F-22, 20c. Also I'll warn you that this is the first version and I have not had a chance to fly it myself. If you do fly it, please let me know how it handles and a full critique would be welcome. Thanks.

- Floyd

peteparkerh

I guess I wasn’t totally clear. I was looking at the FliteTest F-16 that just came out.

fdameronut

I guess I wasn’t totally clear. I was looking at the FliteTest F-16 that just came out.
I'll admit that's a nice looking plane, but I've never flown edf. Best I can say is see what the edf manufacturer recommends. Another possibility is to look for a thread on that plane or start a new thread. Best of luck.

- Floyd

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
looks good, couple questions on elevator but simple build with cheap power options. i assume you were thinking "F-pack" size motor?

Pieliker96

Elite member
The plans look nice and clean. My one query is about the battery placement as it isnt completely square with the body as it could make the flying different to the ideal stable flight.
It's close enough to centerline to not matter, the moment arm is very small. In any case, a little bit of lateral imbalance can actually be beneficial to counteract prop torque at low airspeeds.

fdameronut

looks good, couple questions on elevator but simple build with cheap power options. i assume you were thinking "F-pack" size motor?
B pack is the one I went with. Haven't finished building it yet, but I already have some changes in mind to improve assembly.