Naza Lite ESC/receiver

joshuahuang07

My brother picked up parts from an engineering class at UCI. 2300KV cobra motors, props, and a naza lite flight controller. Apparently, the naza lite is powered by the PMU, so I was wondering if I get 30 amp simonk esc with BEC, can it power the FC or are all the positive wires that go in the FC null from the ESC null? For the receiver, can I use FlySky ia6 with PPM? What do I need to do to set it up?

kpixels

Antigravity or bust...
My brother picked up parts from an engineering class at UCI. 2300KV cobra motors, props, and a naza lite flight controller. Apparently, the naza lite is powered by the PMU, so I was wondering if I get 30 amp simonk esc with BEC, can it power the FC or are all the positive wires that go in the FC null from the ESC null? For the receiver, can I use FlySky ia6 with PPM? What do I need to do to set it up?

Hi Joshua, That sounds like some nice goodies to play around with. It might work but the PMU supplies 3 amps @ 5V compared to the ESCs usually supply around .5A @ 5V. With my luck it would work only to reach .5A while calculating a banking turn over water. Not sure about receiver, my instinct is that you could make anything work if you hack it enough.
Good luck!