Naze32 ESC Calibration Problem

WARNING- !I am a NOOB! I have made a Quadcopter using DJI F450 Frame.
I have 4 1000kv chinese Motors and 4 Chinese ESCs connected to a NAZE32 rev6a 10dof. Firstly all ESC got calibrated properly but after some time 1 of the ESC got dis-calibrated (Throttle starts late). Now this ESC does not calibrate at all.
It starts very late as compared to the other motors. !!!!!PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! I calibrate them using CLEANFLIGHT.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
It could be that your ESC is done.

Some things you can try are, calibrate the ESC manually with the transmitter without using Cleanflight. If that doesn't work, you can try flashing the ESCs to the latest compatible firmware.

If you cannot flash the ESC or if it cannot be manually calibrated, I would replace it.

Another thing to check is if the motor gets hot. If it does, do you have too long motor mounting screws touching the stators inside the motor?

How do you power your Naze32 rev6? Powering a rev 6 via the BEC on an ESC does bizarre things and can make it difficult to calibrate ESCs. For a rev 6 Naze consider using a ubec or step down voltage regulator.

alien

WARNING- !I am a NOOB! I have made a Quadcopter using DJI F450 Frame.
I have 4 1000kv chinese Motors and 4 Chinese ESCs connected to a NAZE32 rev6a 10dof. Firstly all ESC got calibrated properly but after some time 1 of the ESC got dis-calibrated (Throttle starts late). Now this ESC does not calibrate at all.
It starts very late as compared to the other motors. !!!!!PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! I calibrate them using CLEANFLIGHT.

I was facing this very problem as well [I initially found difficulty calibrating all 4 esc's...finally somehow got all 4 esc's to calibrate after some trial and error combinations with the "esc/motor features" column under configuration - I'm referring to the PWM, DSHOT 150,300,... side, I chose PWM as the 'esc protocol' and went down to choose PWM RX input under 'receiver' (still under configuration) - having calibrated my esc's I went for a test flight. I came back to connect my flight controller to 'beta flight' just to find out that one motor was spinning out of sync, c'est a dire, it span later than the other 3]. So here's how I fixed it:

i. head into command line in betaflight or cleanflight
ii. type "set min_check" \\without quotation for this and downwards
(if value is anything besides 1000...change to 1000). This is how:

iii. "set min_check = 1000"
iv. then "set max_check"
(if value is anything besides 2000...change to 2000). This is how:

v. "set max_check = 2000"

Done. This put all 4 esc's in sync.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Not really mate. You just hard set a range.

What the calibration does is find each esc min and max finding any tolerence inconsistancies where they all start at the same time.

These numbets are all over the place. Eg: m1 1016, m2 1004, m3 1009, m4 1012.

Those numbers become the escs min throttle and the fc will now output the highest of those numbers as your zero point of 1000 as well as the high ends lowest numbers to be 2000.

This times the motors and allows you to have full resolution for each esc and still be timed to each other.

alien

Yeah you are right.

Anyway, just encounted a problem and was hoping if anyone could help me out.
The Naze32 Rev6 gave a smoke from somewhere when I connected my usb to try accessing Betaflight (I don't know what happened).
Now it won't connect to Betaflight and windows doesn't recognize it (although green light still blinks).
Anyone faced this problem before?...if yes how to fix please.

FDS

Elite member
The smoke is out. Usually the fix for that is to buy a new board. You burnt something. Check your USB cable too, don’t plug that into a new FC.
This time I would look for an F4 board.

alien

Has anyone done any project on "incorporating obstacle avoidance using HC-SR04 and arduino" on F3 flight controller??
If yes please help a brother out with wiringo_O