NEW PLANES!!!

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
electronics????? then of course I will get it!!!!!! the me262 is without the electronics though? it is 130. do you know if it runs on edfs /bdfs(what are they) or what?

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
electronics????? then of course I will get it!!!!!! the me262 is without the electronics though? it is 130. do you know if it runs on edfs /bdfs(what are they) or what?
I'm pretty sure the 262 is only the airframe. It is fairly large compared to the other two. It's roughly the size of the original FT A-10.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
It is a full kit, with decals, and electronics. Not really that much, considering.

where you seeing that it comes with electronics? it shows "recommended" electronics but doesn't say anything about them being included that i can find.

it does show a black box in the pic like the ones they use for their power packs so crossing fingers.

laters,

me :cool:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
where you seeing that it comes with electronics? it shows "recommended" electronics but doesn't say anything about them being included that i can find.

it does show a black box in the pic like the ones they use for their power packs so crossing fingers.

laters,

Yeah, that has me confused as well. It shows the black power pack box but it says nothing about it coming with electronics. Also it might be worth mentioning that ft doesn’t offer a twin F power pack which is what the A-10 is designed for. Maybe @fliteadmin or @Splinter189 can clarify.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
John Overstreet said in included everything except the receiver and battery. When mine comes tomorrow, I will confirm it for you.

Screen Shot 2021-06-09 at 15.41.31.png

Test Fly RC

Elite member
John Overstreet said in included everything except the receiver and battery. When mine comes tomorrow, I will confirm it for you.

View attachment 201679
Wow the FT Guys surprised me by releasing the a-10, me-262 and the mm ms Hellcat on the ft stem store!

I will probably get all of them eventually!
I hope the a-10 comes with electronics!

Last edited:

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
excellent. ordered mine earlier today. the whole reason i have not built the other is i HATED the front propellers on the plane. i live in tucson, home of the A-10, so i can't excuse flying something like that. :LOL:

this is also the first $$$ i have spent @ FT in awhile. glad to see them stepping up. (y)

laters,

Battery800

Elite member
Really bummed that the new planes will be exclusively sold as a speed build kit. @Splinter189 does that mean from now
on, flite test will no longer release plans? In my opinion that is not the spirit of flite test.

Mr_Stripes

Elite member
Really bummed that the new planes will be exclusively sold as a speed build kit. @Splinter189 does that mean from now
on, flite test will no longer release plans? In my opinion that is not the spirit of flite test.
Ya I would love to build the new mm zero or corsair, but because there are no plans and I cant justify spending 30$ on something I can do myself with 1-2hrs and 6$ of foam I can build them. And the hellcat. Sigh

CappyAmeric

Elite member
...In my opinion that is not the spirit of flite test.
Except for opinions, nothing else in life is free. Someone pays. Always.

FT products are relatively cheap. Nothing is stopping folks from buying SBKs and using the traced patterns for rebuilding unlimited replacement aircraft after crashes.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
When I say "The spirit of flite test", I mean that they did not for their own pockets, but for the good of the hobby. Now, I feel like they are getting greedy and become what they originally wanted to be an alternative to.

They have done and continue to do a lot for the hobby - but Flite Test has never been a charity. I wonder, do you feel "greedy" when you cash your own paycheck?