NEW PLANES!!!

Test Fly RC

Elite member
sooo glad you guy's showed me the video. w/o, this would have been less fun. :LOL:

with that said, you still kinda got to jump from 1 video to another and it takes time. i have watched them but not memorized them so i have to jump between "unique features" vids and the "symbols" videos. sure this is part of the learning curve and worth the effort but i spent several hours yesterday and still have many to go.

View attachment 202636

she is not a light girl, and def gonna be worthy of the warthog name. as is, it is already 330g!

i need to get some spackle to smooth out some of the lines, plus need to grab some paint but hope to have plane finished building by tonight.

laters,

me :cool:
Looks nice!
Good job!

Splinter189

Master member
Something like this?😁😁
47a92c05b27ed44a19f27d34f3278512.0-01.jpeg

Splinter189

Master member
sooo glad you guy's showed me the video. w/o, this would have been less fun. :LOL:

with that said, you still kinda got to jump from 1 video to another and it takes time. i have watched them but not memorized them so i have to jump between "unique features" vids and the "symbols" videos. sure this is part of the learning curve and worth the effort but i spent several hours yesterday and still have many to go.

View attachment 202636

she is not a light girl, and def gonna be worthy of the warthog name. as is, it is already 330g!

i need to get some spackle to smooth out some of the lines, plus need to grab some paint but hope to have plane finished building by tonight.

laters,

If you take the time to go thru the vids early on, I think on the 2nd build you will use them only for reference purposes. if you do a third build I don't think you will need them at all.

BTW, we designed the thumbnails in the playlist to act as quick reference for symbol instructions or assembly instructions.

We are continuing to fine tune the playlist. We will be making updates as needed. Hope to start adding tips and tricks vids too.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Here's some pic's of my partly finished MS A-10:
I don't remember seeing a A-10 front nose build segment in the playlist, so
Here's some pictures of part of the front nose with the magnets:
View attachment 202608
View attachment 202609 View attachment 202610 ...
:

Thanks for the MS A-10 nose section pics. You are correct - as far as I can tell there is no video clip with the MS A-10 nose section. In all the Master Series, it is rare because the nose slides on the accessory box and is attached with magnets. I am not sure if it was an oversight in the MS A-10 build playlist or not (maybe @Splinter189 can elucidate).

To save builders the hour of searching for a MS A-10 nose section build clip, the closest thing appears to be the in the playlist's "Symbol Mapping: Nose Sections" build video, the DC-3 nose has a similar construction (starts at 27:12):

Last edited:

Piotrsko

Master member
only if it's a
A 10 Warthog

read that a couple of times and find the joke

Which level of entender are you specifying? I counted only 2 levels . US Convention requires the alphanumeric pre identifier only if there are several types of that nomenclature. Nict verstehe, YA?

Last edited:

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
so i have flown the new A-10 3 times and 2 of them ended with almost catastrophe. actually if you count the first failed launch, it would be 3 times. :LOL:

plane flies awesome when working, super presence in the sky, but i kinda question their 35A ESC running that motor @ that voltage, with that prop, with that weight and drag, times x2. :oops:

first attempt i did not have near enough elevator and it just nosed in, totally my fault. 2nd flight i increased elevator to 100% rates and it flew great but cut out almost immediatly. i was able to use altitude and short distance to do a u-turn and land opposite take off direction. this thing is not a glider. on landing all looked good and it seemed to be willing so sent it right back up. flew without issues this time, almost 4 mins. :)

next day first flight and all was good to begin with. then it started cutting out. i was able to keep calm and cycled the throttle and was able to get it to come back to life. i was not loosing control surfaces, just motors. after the 3rd time and attempts to save the plane, it was getting pretty far and the sky was very grey and not helping. thankfully i was able to get it to start again and was actually heading back towards us this time. i nursed the throttle and brought it back to the field with a sigh of relief. :eek:

my immediate thought are ESC overheating and cutting out. with this design, as with many master series, once you instal the electronics you may not be bale to access them again once the final build is done. no way to "check" temps or make repairs w/o cutting into plane. there is also no airflow into the fuse from the front so the esc is basically stuck in a closed container. no bueno for heat dissipation. normally, if i was running a similar motor size/prop/battery combo i would be @ 60A for the esc, not the 35A provided. :unsure:

i will have to put the meter on it and run a few test to try and figure out what's up. really like the plane and want it to live, it makes the most soulful scream when in the air. :devilish:

laters,

CappyAmeric

Elite member
so i have flown the new A-10 3 times and 2 of them ended with almost catastrophe. actually if you count the first failed launch, it would be 3 times. :LOL:

plane flies awesome when working, super presence in the sky, but i kinda question their 35A ESC running that motor @ that voltage, with that prop, with that weight and drag, times x2. :oops:

first attempt i did not have near enough elevator and it just nosed in, totally my fault. 2nd flight i increased elevator to 100% rates and it flew great but cut out almost immediatly. i was able to use altitude and short distance to do a u-turn and land opposite take off direction. this thing is not a glider. on landing all looked good and it seemed to be willing so sent it right back up. flew without issues this time, almost 4 mins. :)

next day first flight and all was good to begin with. then it started cutting out. i was able to keep calm and cycled the throttle and was able to get it to come back to life. i was not loosing control surfaces, just motors. after the 3rd time and attempts to save the plane, it was getting pretty far and the sky was very grey and not helping. thankfully i was able to get it to start again and was actually heading back towards us this time. i nursed the throttle and brought it back to the field with a sigh of relief. :eek:

my immediate thought are ESC overheating and cutting out. with this design, as with many master series, once you instal the electronics you may not be bale to access them again once the final build is done. no way to "check" temps or make repairs w/o cutting into plane. there is also no airflow into the fuse from the front so the esc is basically stuck in a closed container. no bueno for heat dissipation. normally, if i was running a similar motor size/prop/battery combo i would be @ 60A for the esc, not the 35A provided. :unsure:

i will have to put the meter on it and run a few test to try and figure out what's up. really like the plane and want it to live, it makes the most soulful scream when in the air. :devilish:

laters,

Was this with 4s or 3s?

See if @Test Fly RC had similar issues. He put up several videos flying his MS A-10.

Test Fly RC

Elite member

laters,

You can access the esc wires/esc's, when you cut that plug piece out (that you glued in after you connected the esc's to the motors).