New Plebe Reporting for Duty

dozer

Fire Stomper
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say thanks for such a great resource.

I've been into quads for a couple of years...started out with the toy ones (Syma X1 and Hubsan X4). Got pretty comfortable flying those and decided last year to build my first quad. After collecting parts for awhile, I finally finished my first assembly the beginning of this year with a maiden two weeks ago.

Build it on a DJI F450 Flamewheel lookalike, using APM. Maiden went relatively well, just working on tweaking settings and getting more and more stable flight. Had the expected breakage of props (purchased cheap ones to begin with for this reason), but no other significant damage from the expected crashes.

Looking forward to lots of great flights with this build, and now I'm interested in building one of the great kits sold by FliteTest (maybe a wing!)

Thanks again for providing such a great resource, fun vids, and look forward to participating in the community!

Xspense

Welcome to FT!

Already finished a build I see, trust me, it only gets worse! Build... build... and keep on building! In fact, I think it's probably some sort of disease. I'm pretty sure all pilots catch it though. Anyway, there is nothing more rewarding and exciting than flying/racing RC. You'll make a great addition to this already outstanding community. If you have any other builds or videos you create send them here! Everyone in the community loves seeing the creations of others.

Fly safe,
Sam