Newbie Needs Help! - Can't Seem to Bind iFlight Cineebe 4K (Frsky mini xm+) BNF with my Jumper T16

Sam007

Your inputs don’t match the mixer at present. The channel order is different. It should be AETR on both from channels 1-4. 1- Aileron, 2- Elevator, 3- THROTTLE, 4- Rudder. Move the Throttle in inputs to the right place.
You should also set up your aux channels in there. Have a look at this video , the screens are slightly different but Jumper uses a slight change to OpenTX, the basic workflow is the same.
You should also set all your endpoints up so the bottom of the sticks is 1000 and the top is 2000. Calibrate the gimbals through the radio first.
If having everything above set up doesn’t get you armed then you need to change the minimum throttle value, use the CLI command
get min_check
Look at the value. If it’s lower than the bottom value of your throttle stick then it won’t arm. Read your min throttle value, then use
set min_check XXXX
The four XXXX would be swapped for your minimum throttle value plus 10.

Sorry, I see what you mean about the Channel inputs. I may have only changed one of them to make it work on the BetaFlight and may have forgot to change it in the inputs.

FDS

Elite member
You need to look at the default channel order in Cleanflight as well, it should be AETR, it’s on the receiver tab.
If it all matches then the sticks do what you want them to with the channels. If they aren’t right it won’t arm.

Sam007

You need to look at the default channel order in Cleanflight as well, it should be AETR, it’s on the receiver tab.
If it all matches then the sticks do what you want them to with the channels. If they aren’t right it won’t arm.

Hi,
I'll double check it later this evening, but believe the channel order on the BetaFlight still reads as AERT as shown in one of my earlier attachments in this thread (attached). I've not touched these at all, because I don't know what I'm doing and would not take the chance on breaking it.

How do I change the default channels in BetaFlight so that they all match.

Another quick question. After getting to this points, I also reached out to iFlight support and they (suprisingly responded) and sent me a CLI file for me to flash (see attached).

Unfortunately they did not provide any instructions on how to flash this file.

Do I simply load it into the CLI command window and let it do its thing?

Thanks,

Attachments

• image_12(07-25-18-40-58).jpg
    image_12(07-25-18-40-58).jpg
    748.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 4k SBUS.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 0

MorningViewFPV

To test if it is arming, in the modes screen on betaflight when you switch to arm it will highlight it. On the osd it will say armed.

Sam007

To test if it is arming, in the modes screen on betaflight when you switch to arm it will highlight it. On the osd it will say armed.

Hi,
Thanks for the advice. When I setup the switch in BetaFlight in the Mode screen the small vertical line did move as I turned the switch on and off. However, i did not confirm this in the OSD screen. I'll have to check this as well this evening

I've not heard back from FSD member regarding how to flash the "4K SUBUS.txt" file that iFlight support sent me. Is it as simple as to load it in the CLI screen? If so do I have to do anything else, like rebind the drone to the radio, etc.?

Thanks,
Sam

FDS

Elite member
If your Cleanflight channel order is AERT and the TX is AETR with the input screen not matching the output then you are not going to change that with a CLI dump.
Before you load anything BACK UP THE CURRENT SET UP TO YOUR PC, including diff_all and the resulting CLI file.
To load the CLI file you copy and paste it into the CLI, hit return, then check for errors, then hit save.
Your principal problem is still that your channel mapping doesn’t match, so the quad won’t arm because it thinks the throttle is on or something similar because the sticks don’t match the FC.

Sam007

If your Cleanflight channel order is AERT and the TX is AETR with the input screen not matching the output then you are not going to change that with a CLI dump.
Before you load anything BACK UP THE CURRENT SET UP TO YOUR PC, including diff_all and the resulting CLI file.
To load the CLI file you copy and paste it into the CLI, hit return, then check for errors, then hit save.
Your principal problem is still that your channel mapping doesn’t match, so the quad won’t arm because it thinks the throttle is on or something similar because the sticks don’t match the FC.
Hi,
Thanks for you advice. As you suggested, the last thing that was not arming the quad and making it fly was the order of the channels between the input channels and the mixers. Once they both matched everything worked.

I would like to thank everyone on this forum who took time to help me out.

When I get some time, I’m going to publish a word document with the model setup on the Jumper T16 and the setting in BetaFlight that way anyone who has the same equipment will be able to start flying right away.

Thanks again,
Sam