nnP-39

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Thanks everyone for the positive comments! I can't wait to share this great plane with you guys.

I think for my first one I won't be doing anything for paint. I may add some small paint decals but my first build has undergone quiet a few 'revisions' and I will doll up my next one that is made clean.

This plane will be my fastest 'from idea to flight' design yet. I started working on this on the evening of the 26th!

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Thanks everyone for the positive comments! I can't wait to share this great plane with you guys.

I think for my first one I won't be doing anything for paint. I may add some small paint decals but my first build has undergone quiet a few 'revisions' and I will doll up my next one that is made clean.

This plane will be my fastest 'from idea to flight' design yet. I started working on this on the evening of the 26th!

Nic,
I'm almost through all you build tutorials. It's amazing that you can turn out a full design one week. I assume it is getting easier and easier to put these designs together. Have you made any changes to your design technique?

menachg

cool that is i think the more slick looking active fighter in ww2 aside from the well known fighters of the allies it would be interesting to see the flying characteristics of it.cause the original was inferior because of its low power engine but this could turn out to be one the more weird/cool looking(intake on the top)plane to fly!:)

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Started cutting from the beta plans last night. Fuselage went together beautifully. This will be a sort of father son build for me and SPONZ, so it should be a pretty awesome looking plane.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Nic,
I'm almost through all you build tutorials. It's amazing that you can turn out a full design one week. I assume it is getting easier and easier to put these designs together. Have you made any changes to your design technique?

The design process I use is basically the same. I've just gotten faster and more efficient.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
cool that is i think the more slick looking active fighter in ww2 aside from the well known fighters of the allies it would be interesting to see the flying characteristics of it.cause the original was inferior because of its low power engine but this could turn out to be one the more weird/cool looking(intake on the top)plane to fly!:)

It shouldn't have the power issues. This thing will run off the FT C power pack very well. I agree, the intake makes it very unique looking and I'm hoping to capture that look.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
Started cutting from the beta plans last night. Fuselage went together beautifully. This will be a sort of father son build for me and SPONZ, so it should be a pretty awesome looking plane.

I'm hoping to finish the last changes and tweaks tonight. Assuming there are no more bugs or flight issues, they may be final.

nerdnic

nerdnic.com
Mentor
So.. she's not fully done yet, this first build is pretty rough and some of the design pieces aren't final yet (intake) but here's a sneak peek :)

9TXCM4ol.jpg

Jaxx

Posted a thousand or more times
Nic,
She looks awesome! The scale wings and tail feathers completely sets it apart.

Last edited:

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Gorgeous job Nic! The lines are incredible!

After I finish up my Ultramicrobe Stuka, I'll have to try building it.

jamboree1

I love this design, gotta do it. Also, I want to come over and put some nice tile in place of that vinyl in your kitchen.

jamboree1

one of the things that looks super great on this plane is adding the posterboard where wings and fuse meet, i've seen this before but none look as good as this